Spanish Courses in Chile with Violeta Parra Language Schooloffered by supplier M17096 (read about supplier)
Class Size: 1 - 7 people
Category: Language Schools
Season: January - December
Courses Per Year: 50
Course Level: All levels
Min Price: 230 US Dollar (USD) per course
Max Price: 880 US Dollar (USD) per course
- Spanish for Beginners
- Basic Spanish I and II
- Intermediate Spanish I and II
- Advanced Spanish I and II.
Before starting your Spanish Course we will send you a placement test which helps us to find the right level for you. It is very important for us that we get this test back at least 5 days before your course begins.
There are three intensities to choose from. What is the difference?
- Intensive Spanish course: 4 lessons daily (45 minutes each) from Monday to Friday, minimum 2 weeks with a total of 40 lesson. These classes emphasize on the acquisition of the Spanish grammar and are recommended for people who have lots of possibilities to practice outside the school.
- Super intensive Spanish course: 6 lessons daily (45 minutes each), minimum one week with a total of 30 lessons. This is the right choose for all those who take just a short term Spanish course, staying less than 4 weeks. You share the morning Spanish grammar classes with the intensive course students and go on for 90 minutes in the afternoon in a smaller group, where the morning grammar is practiced and where conversation is the main goal.
- Crash courses: 7 lessons daily (45 minutes each), minimum one week with a total of 35 lessons. The same as in the super intensive Spanish course. Best for those who want to make most of their short time. The group is reduced again very often being alone or two students left for the last 45 minutes, where individual questions can be answered.
- Group Courses - starting each Monday with max. 7 students per level (mostly less). Our media level size is 4 students. Out of high season months like January, February and July, October you might find even smaller classes. In case there is only one student at a level, the number of daily lessons is reduced from 4 to 2, from 6 to 3 or from 7 to 4 lesson each of 45 minutes.
The minimum course duration is two weeks in case of Intensive Spanish Courses (4 lessons per day) or one week for Super Intensive Spanish Courses (6 lessons per day) and Spanish Crash Courses (7 lessons). Spanish group courses can be extended by whole weeks only. Every Monday we welcome the new students with empanadas and vino. At one afternoon we offer a chat or meeting with organizations dealing with different subjects such as human rights, ecology, poverty, and ethnic minorities, or we visit the house of Pablo Neruda or a winery. Students with more than 4 daily lessons on those days, choose either having classes or the afternoon activity.
Spanish group courses are taught from Monday to Friday with 4, 6 or 7 lessons (45 minutes each) daily from 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. In case of Super Intensive the missing lessons are held in the afternoon from 2:30 p.m. to 4.00 p.m. The Crash courses have an additional lesson from 4.15 p.m. to 5.00 p.m. In exceptional cases we might run some intensive levels in the afternoon from 2.30 p.m. and 6.00 p.m.
- One to One - Individual Spanish instruction generally in the afternoon schedule. During the whole year, one-to-one Spanish tuition can be taken in Santiago. The student fixes the starting date, the duration and the number of classes per day as well as the weekdays on which he or she wants to have classes. Availability might be a problem during the summer season! These private classes are held in the afternoon from 2:30 p.m. on.
- Two to One - Semi-individual: one teacher, two students. During the whole year, two-on-one extensive or intensive tuition can be taken in Santiago or Valparaíso. The second student pays only half fee of the private class.
These are modules of private tuition, which can be taken in addition to an intensive group course or as a private course in the afternoon. You need to have at least a intermediate level for these Modules.
- DELE Examination preparation: Additional private classes of two classes per day during one week or longer(45 minutes each) We prepare for all levels: Certificado Inicial, Diploma, Intermedio, Diploma, Superior. You can take the Examination in Santiago in May, August and October or in any of the certified examination centers in your country. You can take the Examination in Santiago in May, August and November or in any of the certified examination centers in your country.
- Extensive preparation for DELE examination: For those who are staying for a longer period in Chile doing maybe an internship, we offer a twice-a-week module for preparation of the DELE examination. We offer two different levels. The minimum group size is 2 students and the maximum is 7. Schedule is Mondays and Wednesdays from 17:15-18:45. Start date 05th of March 2007 Course duration is 10 weeks with a total of 40 classes.
- Commercial Spanish: Additional private classes module of two classes per day during one week or longer. Contents: The company - Human Resources - Marketing Import-Export – The bank – Stock exchange – Taxes – Publicity - Negotiation.
- Spanish for lawyers: Additional private classes module of two classes per day during one week or longer. Contents: Justice - Constitución – Juridical System - Process Law, Penal Law - Civil and commercial Law - International Law and Ambiental Law.
- Medical Spanish: Additional private classes module of two classes per day during one week or longer. Contents: The health - Infections – Health institutions - The Hospital - Internal medicine - Surgery - Traumatology - Gerontology – First Aid.
- Spanish and wine: Additional module of 4 classes given by our Sommelier Basilio Barros. Includes wine tasting course (cata). Objective is to give a complete overview of the Chilean Enology and enable the student to choose the right wine for any occasion.
- Viticulture in the world and the wine valleys in Chile
- Different grapes cultivated in Chile
- Wine making process for white and red wines
- The wood and the wine
- The tasting procedures
- How to enjoy wines
- The Chilean Wine Industry
- Chilean Wine yards.
Wine yard visit: Optionally choose a visit in Santa Carolina, Concha y Toro, Cousiño Macul or Undurraga Wine yard.
Intensive Courses (20 hours):
- 2 weeks - 280 US$
- 3 weeks - 420 US$
- 4 weeks - 500 US$
- Extra week - 125 US$
Super intensive Courses (30 hours):
- 1 week - 175 US$
- 2 weeks - 350 US$
- 3 weeks - 525 US$
- 4 weeks - 620 US$
- Extra week - 125 US$
Crash Courses (35 hours):
- 1 week - 245 US$
- 2 weeks - 490 US$
- 3 weeks - 735 US$
- 4 weeks - 880 US$
- Extra week - 220 US$.
We work with seven different levels. In the Beginner, Basic I + II and Intermediate I + II level we work with a workbook, which each student receives for free. In the Advanced level videos, newspaper articles, literature and music of Chilean songwriters are used as a basis for discussion and work. The emphasis in the classes is on the acquisition of active and passive oral Spanish language as well as the written one. In the Advanced I and II Levels we also use Chilean films, music and literature for the improvement of your Spanish language skills. Our method is interactive and communicative, with afternoon activities for practicing (i.e. at museums, markets at the "tandem meeting" etc.), emphasizing morning classes in grammar. Each level has 1 week of duration, which means that we pass the fundamental Spanish grammar in only 7 weeks, whereas other schools take 3 month for the same offering only a three level structure! This is your fast track to the Spanish language.
With our field trip program and our excursions, we want to give our Spanish students a deeper insight to the Chilean society. We offer a number of activities, at least one per week. Additionally, we have a welcome reception with empanadas and wine every Monday after the classes, and outings on Thursday night.
- Visit of a vineyard with a wine tasting
- The museum house of Pablo Neruda
- Visit of the "Palacio Cousiño"
- Chat at the indianistic group and cultural center of CONACIN
- Visit of the environmental NGO CODEFF
- Visit of a proyect of KAIROS - social work against poverty
- Visit of the Archaeological Museum and walk to the Cerro Sta. Lucia
- Visit of the Memorial of the victims of the Pinochet Dictatorship
Every Thursday night we invite everybody to join the open meeting at a pub in Bellavista where people from the school and from outside the school meet for a talk, having a drink and having fun.
Weekend excursions: On the weekends, we organize excursions into the Andes, visiting National Parks and hot springs, or to the Pacific coast. Rafting, climbing courses, and trekking tours are also part of our extra activities.These activities are not included in the course price.
Day Tours outside Santiago:
- Trekking in the Morado National Park in the Andes
- Hot thermal water springs
- La Campana National Park (Palm forest)
- Central coast - Isla Negra, Valparaíso, Viña del Mar
- Trekking to the Morado Glacier.
Our Spanish language school is situated at the base of the San Cristobal Hill, the biggest park in Santiago. We are located in the heart of the colorful bohemian district of Bellavista, in the center of Santiago. Since 1985 a profusion of restaurants, pubs, nightclubs, and small theaters have sprung up here. The neighborhood is a magnet for students, artists and craftsmen.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Enrolment fee 55 US$. One-on-One tuition Private class 45 minutes 16 US$. Tandem-Partner included in course price included in course.
New special Courses:
- DELE preparation (10 one-on-one classes/week)- 140 US$
- Commercial Spanish (10 one-on-one classes/week) - 160 US$
- Spanish for Lawyers (10 one-on-one classes/week) - 160 US$
- Medical Spanish (10 one-on-one classes/week) - 160 US$
- Spanish and Wine (4 classes Wine course, min. 2 pers) - 70 US$
- Wine yard visit (with tasting/Person) - 50 US$.
10% discount on Group courses in May, June and September in December!
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Oct 2007
We are the most experienced Spanish School in Chile specialized in Spanish Immersion Programs! Furthermore we are the only school in Chile awarded 7 years in a row with the "Language course Excellence Award"! We offer Spanish courses, lodgings and excursions for convenient prices. This means high quality for...