Cooking Classes in Bilbao, Spainoffered by supplier M05495 (read about supplier)
Class Size: 5 - 10 people
Category: Cooking schools
Season: January - December
Courses Per Year: flexible
Course Level: All levels
Min Price: 180 Euro (EUR) per day
Max Price: 180 Euro (EUR) per day
We have prepared this memorable excursion to a private cheese farm and paired it with Olive Oil Tasting. The stunning green mountains and isolated stone villages set into hidden valleys are out of reach for most travelers to the Basque Country, and we want you to experience it! Our day begins with a guided market visit in Bilbao after which we will delve into the world of boutique olive oils with a commented tasting.
We will travel into the mountains and meet a Basque shepherd whose 300 head flock is at the forefront of a program to preserve and improve the Latxa breed. Idiazabal, a famous raw sheep's milk cheese is produced exclusively with the milk of the Latxa.
The Shepard's wife will offer us a tasting of their award-winning cheeses accompanied as tradition mandates by a fine Rioja wine. Our last stop will be a long lunch in an idyllic village along the Aralar mountain range, with wine, por supuesto, before turning back to Bilbao.
The head chef is also an author of several books. The chef is also a member of the Gastronomic Society in Bilbao.
The program of the activities includes:
* Orientation meeting so that the student can better grasp where the school is located.
* Guided tours through the historical center of the city.
* Attending cultural events: theater, concerts, cinema, week-long festivals, carnival, latino and Salsa music, etc).
* Watching movies in Spanish.
* Visiting monuments ( Guggenheim museum, Casco Viejo District, churches).
* Participating in celebrations and other activities in order to know the Spanish traditions and way of life such as "tapas" taste, gatherings, excursions, going to the pool and/or the beach, dinner in restaurants, visiting nearby towns and so on in order to know the Spanish traditions and way of life better.
These events are an opportunity to put theory into practice and create an enjoyable and cheerful atmosphere. Beaches are twenty-minute far from the school; you can enjoy outdoor activities such as windsurfing and sailing (possible at the sailing school). A minimum number of students is required to organize weekend excursions. It is possible to use the Internet during the opening hours of our school for free.
In this cozy and fun atmosphere, a boisterous lunch with fabulous wines will follow your cooking classes. Typical Basque Dishes include: Lubina a la pimienta verde (sea bass with green pepper) and Marmitako (typical soupy dish made of bonito tuna, potatoes, onions, peppers, and tomato).
* Cooking classes (tour price: €80):
- A hands-on, interactive cooking class, given in English or Spanish (about 2 and half hours long)
- A full lunch or dinner with Spanish wine
- Keepsake Booklet with Recipes in English.
* Cheese making excursion:
Price Includes (tour price: €180):
- Personal, Bilingual Chauffeur/ Specialized Food & Wine guide
- Basque Cheese Farm visit
- Traditional 3 course Spanish Lunch (Roast lamb, excellent vegetable dishes, dessert, etc)
- Wine, Coffee, and Digestives with Lunch
- Full 8 hour day Excursion.
* Wine tasting tour:
- Activity price: € 90.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Aug 2005
This company is a leader in Spain in Spanish courses. You can join us any Monday throughout the year. We offer a wide range of programs from Spanish courses to internships or volunteer programs. Our school designs and delivers customized programs for individuals and groups who want to learn about other cultures by...