French in the Alpsoffered by supplier M17180 (read about supplier)
Class Size: 3 - 12 people
Category: Language Schools
Season: January - December
Courses Per Year: 36
Course Level: All levels
Min Price: 310 Euro (EUR) per course
Max Price: 1600 Euro (EUR) per course
Our students are taught by certified instructors who are all used to teaching French as a foreign language. The small student-to-instructor ratio encourages individualized instruction so that each student can improve rapidly according to her/his needs and desires. Instruction is focused upon oral and written skills, with particular emphasis on communication. Minimum age: 17.
All our courses are based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. Our company offers courses all year to A1, A2, B1, B2 levels. (C1 and C2 levels on demand).
Our school is a center for the DELF exam (Diplome d'Etudes en Langue Française), the DALF exam (Diplome approfondi de Langue Francaise), the TCF (Test de Connaissance du Français) and the TEF exam (Test d'Evaluation de Français).
DELF and DALF are official French Diplomas for foreigners issued by the «Ministere de l’Education Nationale». They officially certify a foreigner’s skill level in French. These two diplomas are widely recognized in many countries.
In 2007, our school received the label “French Foreign Language Quality”. Every year more than 100 000 people come to France to learn French. Some 300 language centers (public, private or associative) offer their services in this respect.
To address such situation, France through the participation of three ministries - Higher Education and Research, Foreign and European Affairs, and Culture and Communication - has decided to establish a certification system of the French foreign language centers established on French territory.
For this purpose, a label entitled “French foreign Language quality” has been created. This process aims at the official identification, recognition and promotion of the schools where the language programs and related services present the required quality guarantees.
The Centre international d’Etudes pedagogiques (CIEP), a national public institution administratively related to the ministry for National Education, is in charge of implementing this certification system.
These activities serve to enrich students’ classroom experience by giving them exposure to the surrounding attractions of Annecy. They provide new opportunities for students to practice their French language in various settings.
The teacher in charge of the activity makes sure that every student actively participates in French. During the university year, a two-hour activity is organized every week. In the summer, the number of activities is larger: 5 hours a week.
- A guided tour of Annecy
- “Cafe voyages”: presentations and discussions about traveling
- A presentation of various Savoyard cheeses and wines followed by a tasting
- Mountain hike on foot or with snowshoes
- A meal to discover French gastronomy or a meal to discover regional specialties
- Practice playing a typically French game: la petanque
- A visit to a castle, the Bell Museum or the Alpine Lake Observatory
- A film in a cinema followed by a debate in a café
- Cook and taste of a French recipe
- Cruise on lake Annecy to get a sense of the surroundings mountains and villages
- A visit to a farm where “reblochon” (cheese from Savoie) is made
- “Café actualités”: to examine some of the differences between the French and the foreign press
- Entertainment or exhibition according to the town’s cultural program
- A bicycle tour along lake Annecy with discussion of cycling in France and abroad
- A visit to a natural site in Annecy’s surroundings
- A trip to Chambery.
During the summer, in addition to the activities, a four-day bicycle journey is organized by a teacher. The aim is to practice French while discovering the beautiful area.
Single rooms: residence d'Evires. You will be right on the spot and able to meet French people easily. Rooms with shared bathrooms (up to 3 people), shared kitchens (bring your own utensils). For one month: 330 euro.
Studio apartments: residence Jean Monnet within walking distance to classes. You will meet many French people in this very comfortable residence. Fully furnished: kitchenette with fridge, electric stove, microwave, bathroom with tub and outside telephone line. For one month: from 480 euro.
Host family, carefully selected. An excellent opportunity to rapidly improve your French-speaking skills as you share daily life with a French family. B and B: from 460 euro per month. Half board: from 615 euro per month.
Discount: for two complete consecutive sessions, we offer a 10% discount on the second session.
Our fees for 11 weeks:
- 20 hours per week: 1600 euro
- 17 hours per week: 1340 euro
- 15 hours per week: 1080 euro
- 3 hours per week: 310 euro.
Our fees for 4 weeks:
- 20 hours per week: 740 euro
- 15 hours per week: 560 euro.
It is possible to take a course for a shorter period.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Oct 2007
School of French language in one of the most beautiful cities of France. Affiliated with the University of Savoie since 1999, M17180 is located in Annecy-le-Vieux, between lake and mountains, in the heart of the French Alps, less than 40 km from Geneva. Regardless of nationality or level of French, M17180 offers...