Amalfi Coast, Landscape Painting Workshop in Italyoffered by supplier M14325 (read about supplier)
Class Size: 8 - 12 people
Category: Art and craft workshop
Specialty: Drawing, Painting
Courses Per Year: 1
Course Level: All levels
Min Price: 2875 US Dollar (USD) per person
Max Price: 3275 US Dollar (USD) per person
- 7 nights, 8 days at our seaside hotel, all rooms with private bath, daily breakfast.
- All rooms with a sea view. Breakfast each day and 3 lunches and 5 dinners included
- 6 1/2 days of Art Instruction, Demonstration & Critiques; One-on-one painting & drawing instruction
- Work in oils, watercolors or pastels; all levels.
- Paint in Positano, Ravello, Capri, and Amalfi;
- Free time to visit the inspiring Villa Cimbrone & Villa Rufolo while in Ravello.
- Private car land transfers to Ravello and to and from the airport in Naples.
- Ferry boat transfers to Positano and Capri included.
Day 1: Arrive and check-in at hotel in Amalfi, painting demonstration by Sam D'Ambruoso. The 6 points to consider creating a great painting are discussed. Artists continue to paint after demo. Join us for Cocktails at 7:00 p.m. with dinner to follow.
Day 2: Demo at 8:30 a.m. We paint in Amalfi. Painting objectives will be developed for all artists. Paint all day until 4:30 p.m. Lunch and dinner at hotel.
Day 3: Artists painting day in Amalfi. Lunch at hotel. Dinner on your own to enjoy the many terrific restaurants in Amalfi.
Day 4: Positano. Today we will travel by ferry to spectacular Positano to paint/sketch the excellent locations near the beach. Lunch is on your own at any one of the wonderful restaurants on the beach. Positano is also known for its shopping – just so you know! The Feast Of St Andrew, The Patron Saint Of Amalfi! fantastic cultural event with entertainment in the town square and a fireworks display that will be the best ever! Dinner at hotel.
Day 5: We return to this peaceful village to paint all day. Lunch on your own in Ravello. Dinner at Hotel. Optional: Some artists may wish to take some time on their own to visit the medieval Villa Rufulo – and the gardens which inspired Wagner to write his famous opera Parsifal and to visit Villa Cimbrone with its spectacular Belevdere “to eternity” and gardens. Entries to these historic Villas are approximately 5 EUR each. Sam will give the overall painting critique on the works accomplished this week.
Day 6: Optional: Capri. For those who wish, take a ferry to Capri and explore this world famous playground on your own. Visit Anacapri, the Villa St. Michele, as well as Capri's own "center of the world" Piazza Umberto and the beautiful Gardens of Augustus overlooking the Faraglioni rocks.
Artists may choose to bring their painting gear or sketchbooks. Enjoy lunch on your own at one of the many wonderful restaurants on Capri. Please note - Capri is very hilly – but public transportation is very good. The ferry boat fees included with this trip.
Day 7: Paint in Amalfi all day. at around 4 pm, Sam will give the overall painting critique on the works accomplished this week. Tonight our Farewell Dinner.
Day 8: Checkout and departure.
As a full-time professional artist, Sam D’Ambruoso brings over 20 years of experience to these workshops. He has been concentrating on landscapes and portraits since 1972. His nationally acclaimed artists’ workshops in Tuscany and Amalfi, and Sicily, Italy continue to grow in popularity.
Graduating from Providence College, he studied at the Paier School of Art, Hamden, CT under Joseph Funaro and at Lyme Academy of Art under Dan Gheno. He also studied with internationally renowned landscape painter, Thomas Beuchner of Elmira, New York and also at the Scottsdale Artist School with Skip Whitcomb of Fort Collins, Colorado.
A significant influence in landscape painting for Sam was at the Plein Air Painter’s of America Workshop in Old Lyme, CT where he studied with Matt Smith and Kevin McPherson. After teaching art in area colleges, he has developed a 8-week program of instruction in landscape painting as well as portraiture as well as offering private art lessons to selected beginners in oil painting. He is an Elected Artist at the Kent Art Association, Kent, CT.
He was chosen by American Artist Magazine as a landscape-painting instructor at Art Methods and Materials Show in Pasadena, California. Current painting projects include original paintings of New England and Tuscany, Italy as well as selected landscape and portrait commissions.
The Amalfi Painting Workshop includes:
- Sightseeing and painting tours in Ravello, Positano, and Capri
- Free day in Capri, swim, shop, and sightseeing
- Special painting day in private gardens in Ravello; al fresco luncheon on site
- Painting demonstrations, individual art instruction, and daily critiques
- Cooking program available for artists and their guests.
Located in the coastal village of Amalfi, our very special 4-star hotel is right on the sea; all rooms with sea view and with private bath. Hotel has its own private access to the sea and is within an easy walk to town.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
- Artist: $3,275 artist, double occupancy, pay by April 30 and receive an extra night free with lunch or dinner!
- Non-painting guest: $2,875
- Single room supplement: $375
- Group rates from $2,675.
- Transportation to all painting sites
- All gratuities included
- 7 nights, 8 days, hotel located directly on the waterfront in the town of Amalfi (private baths and elevator)
- Breakfast each day at hotel, 3 lunches and 5 dinners included
- Painting demonstrations in oils, individual art instruction, and daily critiques, painting sessions scheduled in Amalfi, Ravello, Positano, and Capri
- Special painting excursion with al fresco luncheon at a private home and garden in Ravello
- Transportation to all painting sites, a combination of ferry boats and private coach
- All gratuities
- Exciting guest cooking program available.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: May 2006
With over 20 years’ experience as a full-time artist, Sam concentrates his efforts to landscape painting and portrait commissions. His widely-acclaimed artists' workshops in Tuscany, Amalfi and Sicily Italy and the U.S. continues to grow in popularity. He now has over 50% of prior workshop participants joining...