IECR is a private school specialized in teaching the Spanish language successfully since 1995. We have been receiving students from all over the world in general as well as specialized Spanish programs. You will always find a friendly atmosphere at our school which will feel you comfortable because our staff offers personalized attention to each student from the very beginning including tour and hotel reservations, travel tips, cultural advise throughout your stay until the day of your graduation. Furthermore you will have the success in your communication skills in the Spanish language in an amazingly short period of time, which is guaranteed by our total immersion methodology!
We offers Medical Spanish Courses in San José, Costa Rica, in order to meet the special language needs of medical professionals working in bilingual environments. Each specialized Spanish course includes intensive language study, visits to local hospitals/clinics as well as lectures on topics relevant to the field. These visits enable you to get in contact with your Costa Rican colleagues and to practice your gained knowledge.
In four to six lessons daily you will start with general Spanish and vocabulary. After the first part of the course we continue with the medical terminology. The course ends up with the specified part on your individual chosen section.
The Program Comprises:
- A. General Spanish language (grammar, vocabulary)
- B. Procurement of terminology
- C. Content according to individual needs, after consultation and agreement with participant e.g.: illnesses and symptoms, doctor-patient-conversation (anamnesis), the physical exam, exams for the incorporation in the National Chamber of Physicians
- D. Optional content: visits to local hospitals or clinics.
The Course's Level:
The courses are offered in all language levels (beginner, intermediate, advanced, superior). The course materials are carefully designed to meet the requirements of physicians, nurses and health care workers who treat and communicate with Spanish speakers.
We also offer Medical Spanish programs including tours to fascinating destinations in Costa Rica.
- Our teaching staff is accredited with the Costa Rican Ministry of Education and all of our instructors possess university degrees in Spanish, Education, Linguistics or Philology from one the most prestigious universities of Costa Rica.
- Some instructors hold a graduate degree and others present additional studies like journalism, law, biology, theology, medicine etc.
- Most of our teachers have worked at our school for more than three years and all have ample experience teaching Spanish as a second language.
- Our instructors are all very professional, enthusiastic and friendly and consider teaching the Spanish language as their mission.
You can plan and book your tours with and at our school. We offer many different tours through Costa Rica. For Example: Canopy tours, Butterfly Farm, City Tour, Bungee Jumping, Rafting Tours, Tortiguero, Volcan Arenal / Irazu / Poas, Aerial Tram, Grecia and Sarchi, etc.
Every week our school offers some cultural activities, such as dancing or cook classes. There you can learn more about Costa Rica and its culture, but also meet a lot of other nationalities.
Our language courses are held in modernly equipped classes. Home stay includes housing with a selected Costa Rican family, including 2 meals per day (breakfast and dinner or breakfast and lunch) and laundry service from the Sunday before the course starts till the the last day of the course. Additional days of home stay: $18 each.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
- 20 hours' Medical Spanish course (1 week, 4 hours daily in individual classes from Monday through Friday) for US-$ 345.00;
- 4 weeks' Medical Spanish immersion program (4 hours daily in individual classes from Monday through Friday including home stay with two meals per day and laundry service) for US $ 1650
About This Supplier
||Location: Costa Rica
Joined InfoHub: Sep 2005
M05641 is a private school specialized in teaching the Spanish language successfully since 1995. We have been receiving students from all over the world in general as well as specialized Spanish programs. You will always find a friendly atmosphere at our school which will feel you comfortable because our staff offers...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Central America and Caribbean
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend