The M11824 is a tried and proven world class fishing lodge in continuous operation since 1960. It was the first fishing lodge built in Belize. We specialize in some of the very best saltwater fishing in all of Belize, and we also offer customized eco-tours.
Sight fishing the FLATS is our specialty, with variety our main attraction. BONEFISH, TARPON, PERMIT, and SNOOK are the main species caught by fly fishing and/or spin casting anglers. About 75% of our guests are fly fishers, men and women, who are in pursuit of the Grand Slam. M11824 operates two systems of fishing; fishing from the Lodge and fishing from the Motherships. Whether you choose to stay at the Lodge or aboard the live-aboard, you will surely enjoy your ultimate tropical adventure with us.
1. How long has the business been operating and how did it start?
Our lodge opened in 1960 as M11824 catering to saltwater anglers and sportspeople. In the late 60’s it was renamed Keller’s Caribbean Sports still offering excellent fishing opportunities and in 1986 Mike and Marguerite bought the Lodge, renaming it M11824.
2. What is your company's mission?
The focus of our lodge has been to offer sports fishing whether fly or spin fishing with excellent guides and in a variety of locations. The lodge now offers eco-adventure tours to the Maya temples and other locations and excellent birding tours.
3. What does your company specialize in?
Fly fishing and conventional tackle fishing for Tarpon, Snook, Permit & Bonefish.
4. Who is the founder or owner of the company and briefly describe his/her past activities?
The founder of the Lodge is Victor Barothy Sr in 1960 with Barothy’s Caribbean Lodge Ltd. For the history of the lodge. The owners of the Lodge presently are Mike Heusner and Marguerite Miles.
5. What is your most popular travel package and why?
- 7 nights/6 days Lodge Fishing Package - A week’s fishing gives good opportunity for a well rounded week with enough time for all 4 species. - or 7 nights/6 days (5 days of fishing 1 days eco-tour) Lodge Fishing Package, which gives time for fishing but also gives you a day to see a little more of Belize.
6. What is the best compliment you received from a client?
Returning to the Lodge. We have one guest that has been to the Lodge over 30 times in the 50 year history. Another guest and his son have been there about 20 times in Mike & Marguerite’s 25 years of owning the Lodge. A repeat guest is the best compliment that we can receive.