1. How long has the business been operating and how did it start?
Our guesthouse starded since 1995. Norunn Persson, founder of M13271, had always nourished a dream of another existence far away from the grey skies of Sweden. She has always been very interested in the Caribbean culture and way of life so different from the Swedish one. The difference with Norun Person is that she dared to make a try to reach her goal and fulfil her dream. The simple reason why she chose Dominica is because the island reminded her of the experience when she first came to the Caribbean's 35 years ago. Dominica is one of the few islands that have not suffered from mass tourism. She came in contact with the island as her husband originated from Dominica and the family was living in nearby Saint Thomas (USVI) for a year. She and the family went to Dominica on a December vacation and Norun fell in love immediately with this untouched paradise.
2. What is your company's mission?
- The Dream of another reality - The purpose and objectives with M13271 is to provide an opportunity to live life close to the nature in an untouched environment far away from the daily stress of the modern society. Coming to M13271 is like going back in time to the way humans were suppose to live their lives. We have as objectives to provide our guest with an extensive tours program to choose from making their stay at M13271 as exiting and adventurous as you want it to be. When building M13271, Norun Persson the founder, had a dream of another reality far away from the grey skies of Sweden. M13271 is simply the result from this dream and our objective is to share this dream with our guests. We have as main objective to make sure that you will have a great stay at M13271 and our staffs are committed in making your stay a memorable vacation.
3. What does your company specialize in?
Accomodation, Adventure, Tours, Local food and much more.
4. Who is the founder or owner of the company and briefly describe his/her past activities?
Norunn Persson, the founder of M13271, started her project 1995 and along the way she built up the cultural knowledge base that was necessary to succeed in Dominica. One of the main strengths of the M13271 organization was the ability to combine Swedish culture with the Dominican, extracting the best out of both of them. She could provide and teach her staff on how the Western guests wanted to be treated and she knew what the guests were looking for when taking a vacation to Dominica. She showed the staff that it was the little things that made a difference; the everyday routine for a Dominican can be an exiting experience for a guest.
5. What is your most popular travel package and why?
Our must popular travel package is the Adventure Package. It offers a 7 night accomodation, with 5 adventours guided tours and meals.
6. What is the best compliment you received from a client?
9 of 10 of our clients have loved our guesthouse. They love the family atmosphere that they get with us, and the excellent customer service we give them.