Company Directors: Pete Royall - 16 years experience as a professional guide in mountain ranges from Andes to Himalaya.
Karen Royall - Experienced logistics organiser and professional driver.
We are members of the Cumbria Tourist Board, English Heritage and the National Trust. We are also members of the British Mountaineering Council and M18178 is a recognised outdoor activity provider under Cumbria's 'ROAM' scheme.
1. How long has the business been operating and how did it start?
M18178 was founded in 2001.
2. What is your company's mission?
To provide high value and high quality walking holidays in the UK.
3. What does your company specialize in?
Sel-guided and fully escorted walking holidays.
4. Who is the founder or owner of the company and briefly describe his/her past activities?
The company was founded by Pete and Karen Royall. Both have extensive experience within the travel industry and Pete was a guide escorting trekking groups in the Himalaya, Karakoram and Andes mountains for 10 years prior to setting up M18178.
5. What is your most popular travel package and why?
The Roman history themed Edge of Empire tour is our most popular escorted tour because it has everything from exploration of two of the most charming cities in England to the walk along Hadrian's Wall and hikes in the peerless scenery of the Lake District.
6. What is the best compliment you received from a client?
"This trip has changed my life".