Our company is one of California State University Long Beach's (CSULB) eight colleges, and the community outreach branch of the university. We provide additional access to CSULB's exceptional academic programs and educational resources by offering over 550 credit and professional development (non-credit) programs. We provide individuals, institutions, organizations, and the global community the best educational choices for the best value.
Our programs are major vehicles by which the university fulfills its responsibility to meet the lifelong personal and professional development learning needs of citizens, industries, and institutions within its service area and beyond. Through its certificate programs, credit and non-credit classes, seminars and special programs, distance delivered instruction, and customized on-site-training, our company brings the resources of CSULB to individuals and groups at times, locations, and in formats convenient to their diverse lifestyles.
In all of its programs, our company strives for an image of being "The Best Choice and The Best Value" – top quality instructors and content, innovative and thoughtfully designed formats, and careful attention to the needs of all participants…from corporate executives and entry-level supervisors to aspiring artists, senior citizens, and all others who choose to enrich their lives through continuing education.
Through its work, we advances the mission of Extended Education in the CSU outlined by the Commission on the Extended University:
- Meeting California’s economic and workforce development needs
- Increasing access to educational opportunities by serving broader constituencies
- Developing alternative instructional delivery systems
- Creatively developing new programs
- Providing personal and lifelong learning opportunities
- Generating new resources for the CSU system
- Supporting international educational experiences.