We’ve spent thirty years improving on the original plan and the resort today is a result of years of dedicated work by our family and staff.
Norm, and his son Cameron, have been at Susan River from day one and continue to work full time at the resort. Cameron’s young daughter Abbie is the fourth generation of McLean to fall in love with Susan River Homestead. She delights guests with her introductory talks before the horse rides and has her heart set on managing the resort one day!
1. How long has the business been operating and how did it start?
Since 1976. Family passion.
2. What is your company's mission?
To have families, couples or singles to enjoy life and be close.
3. What does your company specialize in?
horse-riding and outdoor activities. Also accommodation packages and weddings. Camping, caravans and rev's are more than welcome.
4. Who is the founder or owner of the company and briefly describe his/her past activities?
Norman McLean, who built this business from the ground up.
5. What is your most popular travel package and why?
Horse riding adventure rate which includes all meals, accomm and a horse ride a day. Everything is looked after except for beverages.
6. What is the best compliment you received from a client?
From many people we are constantly told it is the best holiday they have ever had!