1. How long has the business been operating and how did it start?
1974 right in the beginning of foot launched free flight.
2. What is your company's mission?
To bring the joy of free flight to everyone all year round!
3. What does your company specialize in?
4. Who is the founder or owner of the company and briefly describe his/her past activities?
M18507 was originally founded in 1973 as the Northern School of Hang Gliding, by the former Hang Gliding World Champion Graham Hobson. He was joined in 1979 by Tony Delaney who took his first steps on the same slopes used today. Tony spent time at various location across the country and in South Wales before returning to Manchester. Where he reunited with Graham and took the role of CFI learning the trade from a World Champion. He liked the school so much that he became a partner in 1981. During the 80's and 90's Tony was a member of the national Training Panel - responsible for the UK Training Syllabus and the Senior Coach in the Pennines. Tony remains the Club Chief Flying Instructor, making him, arguably the longest standing full time professional CFI in foot launch aviation. Graham now runs the oldest running Microlight Club in the UK, Northern Microlights.
5. What is your most popular travel package and why?
Taster days and tandem flights are most popular due to low investment in time and cost.
6. What is the best compliment you received from a client?
Julia Bradbury: "That was THE BEST thing I have EVER done! You just have to try it out". Rough Guide Holidays February 2010.