1. How long has the business been operating and how did it start?
M18701 has been operating since 2004. It began as a desire to share the beauty and inspirational qualities of Paros, Greece to artists and students of art worldwide.
2. What is your company's mission?
M18701's mission is to improve participants' artistic skills in drawing and painting from observation and to savor all that is the natural and sophisticated beauty of the Greek isles.
3. What does your company specialize in?
M18701 specializes in adapting to the abilities and needs of each student.
4. Who is the founder or owner of the company and briefly describe his/her past activities?
Neva Bergemann is the founding director of M18701. Neva is a painter and printmaker who has been living on the island of Paros, Greece since 1997. She holds a Master's degree in art education and a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in painting and drawing from the University of Minnesota. Neva has been teaching art to both students and adults for twenty years. She has held classes for beginners as well as advanced students in the areas of oil painting, watercolor, drawing, printmaking and clay. Neva has also exhibited her artwork internationally and in various regions of the United States.
5. What is your most popular travel package and why?
The most popular travel package is our 7 day workshop session. It is a comprehensive week of art, modern and ancient culture, instruction and site seeing.
6. What is the best compliment you received from a client?
"Since attending the art workshop on Paros with Neva and M18701, I notice the small variations of color in everything. I definitely look at art through new eyes since Greece."