|Questions and Answers
M19828 and Center for Geotourism Training is an internationally recognized Amazonian ecolodge.
1. How long has the business been operating and how did it start?
It was founded in 1995, so it is 17 years old. It started as part of the Foundation Yachana (1991)
2. What is your company's mission?
To teach visitors and local inhabitants about the rich diversity of the Amazon and the importance of its conservation.
3. What does your company specialize in?
Geotourism and best Eco-tourism practices.
4. Who is the founder or owner of the company and briefly describe his/her past activities?
Originally from the US state of Kentucky, Douglas moved to Ecuador in 1986. After working for six years as an environmental and cultural consultant for the oil industry, he realized that something had to be done to help the people living in the Amazon region. In 1991 he founded the Yachana Foundation to develop community-based solutions to poverty and environmental conservation in the rainforest. Over the years the Foundation has created many opportunities through its work in education, conservation, ecotourism and health care along with its countless community development initiatives.
5. What is your most popular travel package and why?
5 days / 4 nights, considered as a classic package.
6. What is the best compliment you received from a client?
Excellent service and professionalism!