“...the great plateau and its canyon wilderness is a treasure best enjoyed through the body and spirit...as a place for all who wish to rediscover the nearly lost pleasures of adventure.” Ed Abbey, The Journey Home.
1. How long has the business been operating and how did it start?
M06844 started in 1991 as a way to share our love of the canyons of southern Utah with others.
2. What is your company's mission?
Our company mission is to carefully blend recreation, education and discovery in a beautiful wilderness setting.
3. What does your company specialize in?
We specialize in exploring the Escalante Canyons on foot.
4. Who is the founder or owner of the company and briefly describe his/her past activities?
The co-founders are Grant Johnson and Sue Fearon. Together we have owned and operated ECO since 1991. We are a small family company; Grant leads every trip and Sue runs the office and logistics.
5. What is your most popular travel package and why?
The Narrow Canyons is easily our most popular trip. The day hiking opportunities are rich, the hike to base camp is relatively short and the side canyons that we visit are dramatic.
6. What is the best compliment you received from a client?
The best compliment we have received is the returning guest. About 60% - 70% of our guests have been on a trip before and return with friends and family.
Reviews and Comments