1. How long has the business been operating and how did it start?
We have been doing wildlife eco tours in Southeast, Alaska since 1981. It started as a small family business because of my love and respect for nature and wildlife and my love for Alaska.
2. What is your company's mission?
To provide our clients with a high quality experience not attainable through most other venues. I.E. Cruise ships and even the small ship experience can’t provide the same experience of a flexible itinerary that allows for the unexpected events that are often the highlights of traveling.
3. What does your company specialize in?
Whale watching, wildlife viewing, Bear Viewing as well as a little fishing and kayaking. Also really exploring the small coves in Southeast Alaska not accessible to the larger vessels. Hiking and shore excursions for wildlife viewing.
4. Who is the founder or owner of the company and briefly describe his/her past activities?
John Swanson, I grew up in the Pacific Northwest with a love of the water. After receiving a degree in Economics somehow I ended up with a Charter boat in the 70s and one thing lead to another and ultimately with my wife and son we decided to try Alaska.
5. What is your most popular travel package and why?
All our packages are popular.
6. What is the best compliment you received from a client?
Almost every customer we’ve ever had has said this was one of the most memorable vacations they’ve ever had.