We would like to get you involved too, in the best road and mountain bike adventure vacations available in the Canadian Rockies and beyond. A vacation with us means much more than cycling. We take you further than any road does. M08662 stands for discovery, adventure and fun.
And there are even more reasons to let us be your travel partners:
- Intimate knowledge of our destinations: after all, we live in Canada year round and we know all of our trips from personal experience, not from guidebooks or videos.
- We are a family owned operation, and bring our worldwide adventure travel experience to M08662. The integrity of our name sells our trips.
- We only run trips at the perfect time of year, and not through the whole season. We believe that you deserve to be there at the best time of the year.
1. How long has the business been operating and how did it start?
Started in 1977. Our company was the first to offer guided bike rides in the Banff Jasper area. There were cyclists before that and there was a demand for guided, catered trips with luggage transport because of the remoteness of the area. We personally got involved after riding our bikes in many places on this planet and were so enchanted by the Canadian Rockies that we saw this as our calling.
2. What is your company's mission?
To create the best possible cycling experience in the mountain ranges of the Canadian West and in a few select locations world wide.
3. What does your company specialize in?
Multi-day bike tours for various levels of riders in the Canadian Rocky Mountains, British Columbia and on the Island of Mallorca, Spain.
4. Who is the founder or owner of the company and briefly describe his/her past activities?
Company was founded by Larry Barnes, a former bike racer. Since 1999 it is owned by Peter and Claudia Weiland, Road Riders, Adventure Racers, Mountain Bikers, Ski Guides.
5. What is your most popular travel package and why?
Our Banff Jasper 500 Tour. It not only features the entire Icefields Parkway between Banff and Jasper but also all the other great climbs to Maligne Lake, Mt Edith Cavell, Valley of Ten Peaks and Great Divide. It is a relatively demanding tour with daily distances of about 60 miles so guests feel a real sense of accomplishment after riding it, yet it is not too tough and still doable by quite a large percentage of bike riders.
6. What is the best compliment you received from a client?
I have heard “best bike ride of my life”, “best vacation of my life”, “best day of my life”. That is hard to top.