Thank you for your interest in M09623. We hope you will join us for one of our wonderful cycling vacations. As a smaller, more specialized company, we are able to offer you much more for your dollar than the larger tour companies. Please join us and experience the M09623 difference:
A Full 1st Day: The first day of your trip will be a full day of cycling, not an arrival day with an afternoon welcome talk. On a six day tour, that is 16% more vacation for your dollar.
You Choose Dinner: You should get everything you want on vacation, so instead of offering you limited choices from a pre-selected menu, we take you to the area’s finest restaurants and let you choose whatever you please.
Activities Are Included: When our itineraries list sea kayaking and sailing trips, these activities are included in the trip price, not for an additional fee. For each trip, we pick the best water-based activities and include them in your trip price.
Door-to-Door Service: On all 6 day and longer trips, we will pick you up at your hotel on the 1st morning of your trip, allowing you to relax and start enjoying your vacation while saving you the hassle and cost of figuring out how to get from the airport to the start of your trip. When the trip concludes we will take you back to the airport or your post-trip lodging.
1. How long has the business been operating and how did it start?
We have been in business for 12 years. It was started by my desire to share the beauty of Maine with people in an active way.
2. What is your company's mission?
- To create and to execute the best cycling vacations in the world - To build strong relationships with our, guests, suppliers, and within the communities we visit - To run our business in way that values and helps sustain our natural environment, and values the natural beauty and culture of the places we visit - To make a buck doing things we love.
3. What does your company specialize in?
Cycling vacations in Maine, Quebec and Nova Scotia
4. Who is the founder or owner of the company and briefly describe his/her past activities?
I was born and raised in Maine, the 6th of 6 children. Although no one in my family cycled my father was a great outdoorsman who loved fishing and skiing and taught his children a love of the outdoors. My childhood memories of cycling involve my brother Marc teaching me to ride a two wheeler and countless days riding bikes with my friends. Sitting on my front porch, drinking a beer with my buddy Peter he suggested I ride a bicycle across America. At the time I did not own a bicycle and knew nothing about cycling. The idea stuck in my head and within a week I had quit my job, bought a bike, and embarked on a solo cross-country bike ride. I spent the 1st week pushing my bike up hills and cursing. Along the way I had every possible conversation with myself and fell in love with cycling.
5. What is your most popular travel package and why?
Maine's Gold Coast. It is my idea of the perfect week in Maine. Guest get to enjoy cycling in Acadia National Park, around pristine Islands, sea kayak, and sail on an antique wooden sailboat.
6. What is the best compliment you received from a client?
This trip truely transformed my life and I loved every minute of it!