Alaska Travel Tips
Alaska travel tips on money saving, personal safety, sightseeing, and enjoying your trip to the fullest from InfoHub suppliers and community members.
10 Goals of an Alaska Vacation Specialist
Submitted by M209651. Distilling the product information.
2. Investigating and supplying competitive information.
3. Staying abreast of the most current and timely promotions.
4. Analyzing the current promotions: The least expensive is not always the best.
5. Clarifying the fine print, such as cancellation penalties and restrictions.
6. Making recommendations for travel-related options.
7. Simplifying the research and save time.
8. Enhancing the trip with value-added benefits and amenities.
9. Using their ... view more clout to get the best possible in seemingly impossible situations.
10. Getting problems resolved.
Using an Alaska Airline Credit Card can save money
Submitted by M20862Travel on Alaska Airline from different cities in the United States using an Alaska Airlines Credit Card. They give you a $99.00 companion ticket for a second person flying with you. $99.00 round trip to Alaska and back. This can reduce your travel cost by up to 50%.
... view more opportunity to just wade around the next bend in the river because you seek the adventure, regardless; it's all possible without interference from anyone else. Fishing of this quality is priceless!
- Lightweight waist or chest waders - hip boots are not suggested.
- A gore - tex hat.
- Quality rain suit - jacket will suffice with waist or chest waders.
- Quality "Polarized" sunglasses - this is a priority item if you want to catch fish.
- A small waterproof knapsack for your lunch, rain jacket.
- Pinks - #2 mepps or Blue Fox vibrex, ... view more Rainbow trout, pink, orange or green colors, 1/8 oz. pixies and comparable small spoons.
- Silvers and Chums - #4 mepps or Blue Fox vibrex spinners in Rainbow trout, pink, orange or green colors and mepps #4 flying C and #4 long cast. Also we suggest you bring some with tails.
- Dollies - a 5/16 or 1/4 egg in orange or pink, soft gel eggs work very well if you can buy them.
... view more lake to the mountains above. Guests enjoy viewing wildlife and often see Otters, Black Bears, Eagles, Lynx, Blue Jays, Squirrels and even Ravens on their visits to the lake or through the camp. Rocky River is a short walk from the camp and most fishing locations are less than a 10 minute drive. Windy River is a 35 minute drive and offers incredible ocean views and wildlife sightings.
... view more greatly enhance your vision while on the water and improve your fishing; guaranteed! September brings fall colors and colder temperatures. For comfort, fisherman should consider heavier clothes for layering and sleeping. Regardless of the weather, we always fish!
Careful Trip Shopping = Superb Experience
Submitted by M07433Attention to detail and carefully doing your research will help maximize your vacation investment. Here are but a few things to keep in mind:
a) Shop early! The best offerings always fill up the fastest with returning and referred guests. Beware if there is more than minimal availability especially close to prime season.
b) Shop locally. This is a good eco-travel practice anyway, but is a great way to obtain the best experience. Local owners and operators typically know all of the local 'secrets' ... view more which can make a huge difference to an overall experience.
c) Be careful when 'bargain' shopping. A good conscientious operator will charge what it cost to provide an experience and stay in business. A careless or inexperienced operator may try to undercut the established competitors but not charge a sustainable price, hence provide a lessor quality product as well not remain in business long, or compromise your safety!
Follow these tips and use good common sense and you'll likely make a better vacation investment while having the experience you really desired.