Botswana Travel Tips
Botswana travel tips on money saving, personal safety, sightseeing, and enjoying your trip to the fullest from InfoHub suppliers and community members.
What to pack for a Safari in Africa
Submitted by M183041. Pack light - generally you'll be limited to 12 kg in a soft back because you'll be flying in light aircraft.
2. Take comfortable, casual clothes - pants, shorts, comfy tops, swimsuit, windcheater, jersey etc - preferably in neutral colours. You'd don't need too many clothes as there are laundry facilities (usually complimentary).
3. Nice to have something smarter for evenings.
4. Don't forget a good sunscreen and a sunhat.
5. Toiletries in small plastic containers.
6. Insect ... view more repellent in stick or cream form.
7. Any medication you need to have.
8. Camera & binoculars.
The Secret Season
Submitted by M11370Many people do not know this, but if you travel to South Africa during the southern African Winter months you can get much reduced rates for accommodation, especially in the Wildlife areas.
The so called secret season varies from country to country, but basically is as follows:
- South Africa - May to September,
- Botswana - October to February,
- Namibia - October to February,
- Zambia - October to February,
- Mozambique - May to September.