Radnor Ring Guided Cycling HolidayPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 4 day(s)
Group Size: 4 - 8 people
Specialty Categories: Bicycle Touring Walking Tours
Season: April - November
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 395 Pound Sterling (GBP)
Maximum Per Person Price: 445 Pound Sterling (GBP)
Each day begins with a full Welsh breakfast to set everyone up for the day ahead. We depart around 9.30am, and complete around half the daily distance before lunch. After we have eaten and had time to explore, we head off again for that afternoon's ride, finishing around 4pm to give everyone plenty of time to enjoy the evening.
The circular tour begins in Newbridge on Wye, and we ride the Ring in an anti-clockwise direction, with overnight stops in the two Welsh border towns of Gladestry and Kington and the village of Abbey Cwm Hir, completing the loop and returning to Newbridge on Wye on the fourth day.
Lover of wildlife will be delighted by Mid Wales, where red kites, buzzards and other birds of prey are common. Badgers, foxes and other native animals are frequently sighted, and habitats ranging from woodland to moorland, wetland to meadow harbour a host of other, often rare, species.
This is a fascinating tour for lovers of the past, too, with numerous sites of archaeological and historical interest en-route. These include the ruins of the Cistercian Abbey Cwmhir, which were built in the peaceful Clywedog Valley almost a millennium ago. We visit the 12th century ruins on our way.
The tour includes:
- Pick-up and drop off at the nearest railway station at the start and end of the tour.
- Accommodation in quality B&Bs and guesthouses.
- Tasty packed lunch every day, made using quality local ingredients.
- Luggage transfer, so you don't have to weigh the bike down with your bags.
- Full vehicle back-up - we are always on hand to provide a lift if you are weary!
- New 27-speed Trek hybrid bike, new in 2007.
- Handlebar bag, cycle computer, first aid kit, lock, water bottle, and bell.
- Access to a laptop, so you can check your emails.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Min. price is based on two adults sharing a room. Single supplement of £50 applies. 40% discount for children under 14.