Hinkhu Hongu Valley Trekking Nepaloffered by supplier M16846 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 20 - 26 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 20 people
Specialty Categories: Hiking & Trekking Camping
Season: March - November
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 1899 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 2349 US Dollar (USD)
The trek, particularly the crossing of Trashi Labsta, is one of the more difficult treks in Nepal and should only be attempted by self-sufficient, strong and experienced parties. Some basic mountaineering skills are required. Staff, particularly porters, must be experienced and from the district. For good acclimatization, a trek to Everest Base Camp or Gokyo, prior to crossing over to Rolwaling, is an excellent idea.
The route to Trashi Labsta starts at Thame (see Everest Base Camp description).it takes two nights to reach Trashi Labsta which, ideally, should be crossed early in the day to avoid rock fall from the slopes above. The pass is usually ice covered and porters carrying large loads will need assistance. If camping at the peaks, be careful to choose a campsite that is well away from the rock fall area.
The next two days are spent traveling down the Drolambao glacier. There are two icefalls on the route, which usually require the use of ropes to descend. At the end of the glacier is the massive Cho Rolpa glacial lake. This lake, which is now being drained, was at one time threatening to burst and inundate much of the Rolwaling valley.
After the glacier the upper Rolwaling valley is hemmed in by mountains on both sides with the bulk of Gauri Shankar on the northern side. The settlements on Nah and Beding are Sherpa villages, Nah being only a summer settlement. As you descended below beding the valley becomes forested first with juniper and pines and later the vegetation becomes lusher. The Sherpas give way to people of the middle hills mainly Tamang and Brahmins. After seven days from Trashi Labsta the end of the trek is reached at Charikot on the Kathmandu to Jiri road.
Trekking through the Khumbu is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Mountains,temples, culture, Buddhism, and Hinduism, this trip has it all...".
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Airport pick up & drop
- Trekking guide
- One porter each two clients in tea-house trek, required cook, trek crews & porters in tent trek
- Insurance, lodging, food & allowance to your trek crews
- Tent & mattress for tent trekking
- All meals as per itinerary
- Land transportation as per itinerary
- All accommodation as per itinerary
- Trekking Permit & National Park Fee
- Domestic Flight Ticket as per itinerary.
- International airfares & war insurance
- The cost of personal items like laundry & all kind of soft & hard drinks
- Optional excursions
- Cost of visas, insurance charges & passports where is necessary
- Gratuities for services provided on a personal basis
- The single supplement payable on all bookings where only one person is traveling
- All others except committed to provide in ‘cost included’ section above.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Jul 2007
Eco-friendly adventure holiday leaders and leading climate justice research group to Nepal Himalayas. Krishna, the team leader of M16846 is also right to life related climate justice advocate. He is dedicating in this sectors researching and advocating climate justice. From 2006, he is advocating basic rights for...