Fly and Ski Weekend, Discover Back Country Skiing, Megève, Saint-Gervaisoffered by supplier M14290 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 2 day(s)
Group Size: 6 - 8 people
Specialty Categories: Skiing & Snowboarding Ecotourism
Season: December - April
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 223 Euro (EUR)
Maximum Per Person Price: 253 Euro (EUR)
Day 1: Meeting place in Contamines-Montjoie on Saturday morning (free round trip shuttle from Geneva airport), stop by ski-shop to hire ski touring equipment, ski touring up to the Alp of Balme (5597 feet), night in a lodge or in a two stars hotel.
Day 2: Sunday, ski touring, ascent of "Petit Croisse-Baulet" (6591 feet) and "Grand Croisse-Baulet" (7336 feet), shuttle back to Geneva airport.
- Free round trip shuttle from Geneva airport.
* Your flights: the free round trip shuttle from Geneva airport will leave the airport very early on Saturday morning (at 7:20 a.m.). So, choose a flight landing in Geneva on Friday evening, and taking off after 8:00 p.m. on Sunday evening.
* If you arrive in Geneva airport on Friday evening, we propose you a night in a motel close to Geneva airport plus Saturday breakfast, for 60 EUR extra charge, with free welcome in Geneva airport on Friday evening, and free transfer to your motel.
- Your guide: A French IFMGA Mountain Guide, or a French Ski Instructor, speaking fluently English with a near-native comprehension, expert of back country skiing.
- Your level:
* You are a ski-mountaineering beginner, and you want to learn ski-mountaineering technique. You practice a good parallel turn, and you control your skis and your speed on all the red and black ski runs. Falling over is the exception rather than the rule and you are keen to learn and improve.
* Your fitness: You are in good condition (you practice sports twice a week).
- Average difference in height: 1700 feet a day.
- Pace: Ascent of 800 feet to 1000 feet per hour.
- During this week-end, your mountain guide or ski instructor will learn you the main techniques and tricks used in ski mountaineering:
- How to keep an economical pace, drink and eat steadily
- How to open up the route
- How to use for the best the specific equipment of ski mountaineering
- How to improve your skiing downhill technique
- How to take one's bearings.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Guiding by a mountain guide
- The following group equipment:
* Radio linked to the relief organisation
* Survival blanket
- The loan of a avalanche transceiver, a probe and a shovel
- Chair lifts tickets for Sunday
- Half-board by a lodge, or night + breakfast in a two stars hotel for Saturday night if you have chosen this option
- All road transfers during the week-end for the four first participants registered, including free round trip shuttle from Geneva airport.
- Optional insurances Generali/Europe assistance
- Drinks by the hotel
- Personal expenses
- Personal equipment and the technical equipment required for this course
- All the expenses not indicated in the paragraph "the price includes".
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Apr 2006
The company was created in 1995 by Marc Démolis, IFMGA Mountain Guide from Chamonix. Ranging among the most experienced teams of IFMGA, our Mountain Guides are not only skilled professionals and teachers, but also passionately fond of the peaks, sites and countries where they will take you off. Selected for their...