The Amazing Algarve Coast (Hybrid Bike Tour) - Guided or Self - Guided Touroffered by supplier M14710 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 7 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 16 people
Specialty Categories: Bicycle Touring National Parks
Season: April - September
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 1260 Euro (EUR)
Maximum Per Person Price: 2200 Euro (EUR)
- Thousands of orange trees in the fields
- Ria Formosa, sand and water paradise for birds
- Tasty fresh fish of the Atlantic Coast
- Vast fields of vegetable crops
- Tavira – the most typical town in the Algarve
- The limpid and clear water of the sea and the birds
- Cape S. Vicente - the birds and the sunset into the Atlantic Ocean
- Sagres - the south-westernmost point of Continental Europe
- The gorgeous beaches and beautiful coast of the Algarve region
- Lagos - the cosmopolitan and the oldest town in the Algarve
Summary: This is a landscape tour that takes place along the south coast of Portugal. You will start in Sagres, which is the place from where our brave forefathers sailed on their caravels seeking new peoples and continents. Cape S. Vicente is the start point, the south-westernmost point in Continental Europe – the place where the land ends and the sea begins. And you will always ride eastwards towards the Spanish border.
You will visit some of the beaches of our famous Algarve including the cosmopolitan city of Lagos. This is one of the oldest towns in the Algarve. We can still see evidence of the wall surrounding the town for protection. Lagos also has an old fort and its former Slave Market is now an art gallery. You will ride along the world-famous Algarve coast where you can see some amazing Golf resorts and very beautiful beaches.
You will visit Albufeira and Vilamoura, very fancy touristic places, the old quarters in Faro (the city capital of the Algarve), the typical city of Tavira with Moorish influence with its countless buildings and monuments and the amazing Roman bridge over Gilão river in the historic centre. You will ride along the Natural Park of Ria Formosa, a lagoon system that extends itself over 60 km of coast and which is a passing area for the migrating fauna from Europe to North of Africa and it is also the “winter resort” for many birds from North and Central Europe.
The tour ends in Vila Real Santo Antonio at the border line with Spain. You will notice the differences along the Algarve region: the centre is very developed for tourism and the west and the east still maintain many evidences of the old Portuguese ways and traditions.
- Type: Hybrid Bike Tour
- Class: Landscape tour
- Version: Guided or Self-Guided
- Region of Portugal: Algarve (coast)
- Duration: 7 days / 6 nights / 5 days cycling
- Begin: Sagres (Algarve)
- End: Tavira (Algarve)
- Difficulty level (1-5): 3 Beginner/Intermediate.
- Distance: 214 km (130 mi)
- Average: 43 km/day (26 mi/day)
- Trails: 73% asphalt – 27% dirt-roads.
Day 1: Arrival – Welcome at Faro airport. 1:30 drive to Sagres, briefing about the tour followed by dinner. Lodging in a 4* new hotel with swimming-pool, surrounded by stunning deserted beaches and the wild nature of an unforgettable beauty.
Day 2: The wild Algarve Coast – 44 km (27 mi), 530 m ascent, level 3. After breakfast we ride into the SW Alentejo Natural Park where we visit Cape S. Vicente, the south-westernmost point in Continental Europe, with its amazing views on the cliffs. Picnic on the way. Dinner with the group. Lodging in a 4* hotel with swimming-pool.
Day 3: The famous beaches in the west of the Algarve – 46 km (29 mi), 530 m ascent, level 3. After breakfast we continue riding eastwards, we visit the famous Rocha Beach. Picnic on the way. Dinner with the group. Lodging in a 4* hotel very near to the beach.
Day 4: The wild flamingos near the Sea – 30 km (19 mi), 330 m ascent, level 2. After breakfast we pass Ferragudo, a picturesque fisherman’s village and we continue along beautiful sceneries where we can see flamingos. Picnic on the way. Dinner with the group. Lodging in a 4* hotel very near to the beach.
Day 5: The most known city in the Algarve and the Golf courses – 50 km (31 mi), 640 m ascent, level 3. After breakfast we ride into the Algarve area which is the most developed area in terms of tourism with vast golf courses: Albufeira, Vilamoura, Quinta do Lago. Picnic on the way. The day ends in Faro, the capital of the Algarve. Dinner with the group. Lodging in a 4* hotel located down town, near the historical and commercial center in Faro.
Day 6: The birds and the Ria Formosa Natural Park – 44 km (27 mi), 360 m ascent, level 2. After breakfast we ride towards another natural paradise: Ria Formosa Natural Park where we can see flamingos and many other birds. Picnic on the way. We pass Tavira, the most typical city in the Algarve. Visit to the tuna fishing museum. Dinner with the group. Lodging in a 4* Eco-hotel whose building was once a typical old tuna fish market.
Day 7: Departure – After breakfasty transfer to Faro airport. 1 H drive to the airport.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- 7-day Hybrid Bike Tour with a Guide (*)
- Transfers from and to Faro Airport
- Accommodations (6 nights): 6 four* Hotels (three Hotels front to the ocean, two cosy Hotels and one Eco-Hotel in a natural preserved area). Double bedroom occupancy.
- 6 Breakfasts
- 5 nourishing and energetic picnics (*)
- 6 Dinners (including our famous wines, our amazing cheeses and lovely desserts) (*)
- Daily energy-bars and water (*)
- Luggage transport from Hotel to Hotel
- Documentation about tour
- Liability Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Techno-Mechanical Assistance (*)
- First-Aid assistance on location (*)
- Permanent Backup Vehicle (*)
(*) Not included in Self-Guided Tours
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Aug 2006
Being a Portuguese-owned company, we know our country better than anybody else and we want to expose people to places and curiosities about Portugal that only a Portuguese knows! Our goal is that you visit Portugal riding a bicycle! In our company tours you have the opportunity to visit our historical, cultural and...