Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve Touroffered by supplier M17093 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 4 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 4 people
Specialty Categories: National Parks Birdwatching
Season: October - May
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 360 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 360 US Dollar (USD)
The last surviving population of wild buffalo or arna is found here. The reserve is also home to many types of mammals such as hog deer, spotted deer, wild boar and blue bull. The endangered Gharial crocodile and Gangetic Dolphin have been recorded in the Koshi River. The vegetation mainly includes tall khar-pater grasslands with a few patches of khair-sissoo scrub forest and deciduous mixed riverine forest. During the monsoon, the reserve is flooded with depths ranging from 10 to 300 cm. From season to season the Sapta Koshi River changes its course.
How to get there?
- By Air: There is a regular flight from Kathmandu to Biratnagar by twin otter or Avero aircraft every day. From Biratnagar a comfortable one and half an hours drive to the Camp.
- By Raft: An exciting 8-10 days raft trip on Sun Koshi river reaches directly at Koshi Tappu Reserve.
- By Overland: The scenic drive of 9-10 hrs through Nepali country side by surface.
Day 1: 1:00 pm - Arrival and welcome with brief. Lunch. 2:00 pm - Bird walk in the marshland outside the reserve to see the storks, ibises, snipes, waterfowl, birds of prey etc. 6:30 pm - Slide show on the natural history of the reserve followed by Nepali dinner.
Day 2: 6:30 am - Breakfast. 7:30 am - Full day excursion on boat and four wheels drive with pack lunch to see waders, waterfowl, birds of prey, marsh crocodile, otters, wild water buffalo and Gangetic Dolphins including a visit to Pink Tower (full day). 6:30 pm - Cultural dance followed by barbecue dinner.
Day 3: 6:30 am - Breakfast. 7:30 am - Bird walk inside the reserve in the scrub forest, grasslands and wetland habitat with pack lunch to see swamp partridge, black-necked stork, buntings, bulbuls etc. 12:00 noon - Pack lunch. 2:00 pm - Continue bird watching or optional elephant ride to watch Arna the wild water buffalo, blue bull, hog deer, fishing eats etc. 6:30 pm - Stargazing. 7:00 pm - Chinese Dinner, overnight.
Day 4: Early morning: Bird watching around the camp area or leisure. 8:00 am - Breakfast. 9:00 am - Departure from the lodge for Kathmandu Continue your other schedules in Nepal.
What to bring for this tour?
- Binoculars add greatly to your enjoyment for bird and wildlife viewing.
- Neutral colored clothing is recommended for a visit to the jungle.
- Light clothing is needed for day time with a sweater and warm jacket for the evenings from November to March.
- Pants / Trousers are recommended for elephant safari.
- Comfortable walking shoes, sun hat, sunglasses etc. are essential. Insect repellent and personal medical requirements should be carried.
- We suggest guests travel light bringing only one small suitcase or duffel bag.
- During the warmer months swimming suits are recommended.
- A Small flash light is recommended.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Domestic flight round trip
- All meal as mentioned
- Accommodation as mentioned
- Licensed holder guide
- National Park permit and Tax
- All jungle activities
- Drinks and bar Bill
- Personal insurance
- Things not mentioned
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Oct 2007
Activity: Trekking; Rafting; Safari; Rock climbing; Biking; Bungee Jumping; Canoing; Fishing; Cannoning; Vehicle hire; Accommodation; Air Ticketing; Mountain flight - Flora and Fauna Study - Climb to Everest and other Himalaya - Educational tours for students - Trip for people involved in environment awareness...