3 Day Goanna Dreaming 4WD safarioffered by supplier M16112 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 3 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 21 people
Specialty Categories: National Parks Cultural Journey
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 760 Australian Dollar (AUD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 960 Australian Dollar (AUD)
Day 1: (Lunch*/Dinner).
After picking you up from your accommodation in Alice Springs bright and early at approximately 6.00 am, we complete ticketing and introductions and then hit the road for an Outback tour of a lifetime. (For those commencing the tour at Uluru we will collect you from the Outback Pioneer Hotel or airport).
Our Red Centre tour begins by heading south to Erldunda travelling through the Waterhouse and James Ranges with a stop at the Camel Farm for refreshments and a camel ride if you're keen (own expense). Stop at Mount Ebenezer Roadhouse to view and shop for Aboriginal art. On the way to Uluru we stop to view Atila (Mount Connor), a mesa tableland and the first significant rock formation of our Outback tour.
After a stop for lunch and our arrival at the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, we head to the Cultural Centre to learn about the local Aboriginal law and religion (Tjukurpa) before a short, guided walk at the base of Uluru. Those choosing to climb will have the opportunity to do so, weather permitting. (Note: Uluru is a sacred site and Anangu, the indigenous custodians, respectfully ask visitors not to climb it).
Of course no Uluru tour would be complete without experiencing the famous changing colours of Uluru at sunset, complete with sparkling wine and nibbles. It's a great time to kick back and contemplate the day and the vastness of the desert.
Day 2: (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner).
From a lookout close to our campsite experience an Uluru sunrise before heading off to Kata Tjuta for a leisurely 7 km walk through the "Valley of the Winds". After a stop at the resort for fuel and refreshments, we travel to Kings Creek Cattle Station to stay at a remote private camp, complete with bush toilet and shower. With nobody else for miles, this camp has stunning views out over the George Gill Ranges and gives you a real feel for the Outback. Swap stories with the tour group over a dinner around the campfire before spending another night out under the stars.
Day 3: (Breakfast/Lunch).
Travel to Watarrka (Kings Canyon) for a mind-blowing 6 km walk through the towering walls, crevices and plateaus of Watarrka. We'll visit the Amphitheatre, Lost City and the tranquil ‘Garden of Eden’.
Later, travel back to Alice Springs on a typical outback dirt road. We'll drop you back to your accommodation in the early evening. Later on, take the opportunity to meet up with the tour group for a final night on the town in Alice Springs.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Itinerary may change due to cultural reasons, seasonal changes, operational logistics and accessibility.
- Safari is not suitable for children under 5 years of age.
- Clients joining at Ayers Rock airport or resort will do so after lunch and therefore lunch is at own expense.
- Due to limited space on the vehicle please restrict luggage to a day pack and one soft overnight bag/backpack (maximum 10 kg). Excess luggage should be stored at your Alice Springs accommodation.
- Single pricing option offers guest a guaranteed single permanent tent during the Safari. As we do not always travel at capacity, some guests may be given a single tent without supplement on location. No refund is given for those that have paid the single option in these circumstances. Additionally, for those that have chosen a single pricing and choose to sleep in a swag, no refund is offered for the single pricing paid.
- National Park Fees.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Mar 2007
Established in 1999, M16112 has forged an enviable reputation for running authentic small group experiences, incorporating indigenous culture, for adventure travellers. From Uluru – the red heart of Australia – to the tropical waterfalls and wetlands of Kakadu National Park, we deliver quality experiences...