Oban to Mull 6 Night Cruise on the Glen TarsanPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 7 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 10 people
Specialty Categories: Boating and Sailing Multi-activity
Season: May - September
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 395 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 3958 US Dollar (USD)
Day 1, Saturday: Oban to Loch Spelve. Join the Glen Tarsan in the historic fishing port of Oban. Set sail for Mull through the Sound of Kerrera and the Firth of Lorne. Later that day, enjoy a pre-dinner drink and the skipper's briefing before settling down for the night in Loch Spelve.
Day 2, Sunday: Loch Spelve to the Island of Mull. Cruise along the southern coast of Mull to Loch Buie and past the Torran Rocks. Golden eagles, sea eagles, otters, divers, dolphins and whales are frequently seen. Stop for a shore trip and anchor for the night in the wonderful Sound of Iona.
Day 3, Monday: Iona. An island of sheer natural beauty. Soak up the vibrant blues and greens of the sea over breakfast. A day to explore the beautiful white beaches and the amazing Abbey. Perhaps a round of golf, avoiding the local cattle that graze along the fairway!
Day 4, Tuesday: Iona to the Treshnish Isles. Sail north to explore the small isle of Staffa, a highlight being Fingal's Cave before sailing on to shelter for the night off Ulva, Gometra or the Treshnish Isles.
Day 5, Wednesday: Treshnish Isles to Tobermory. Head west along the north coast of Mull to Tobermory, a charming fishing community fronted by brightly colored buildings where we anchor for the night. Several excellent walks, visit the distillery or simply enjoy a drink in one of the many colorful pubs along the harbor front.
Day 6, Thursday: Tobermory to Duart Bay. Sail across the Sound of Mull and along the north side of the Morvern Peninsula to Loch Drambui where we anchor for lunch. Head to Duart Bay, home of the Clan McLean and Duart Castle. Spend the night moored in the sheltered sound.
Day 7, Friday: After breakfast we head west across the Firth of Lorne. Farewells and disembark in Oban before lunch.
- Stunning landscapes of small islands and sheltered inlets.
- Anchor in remote lochs and stroll along deserted beaches.
- Breakfast at anchor off Mull.
- Spectacular bird life.
- Breathtaking approach to Staffa from the sea.
- Visit Fingal's cave, a lifetime experience.
- Watch for basking sharks, whales, dolphins and seals.
- Visit charming Tobermory with its quaint harbor and shops.
- Pass through the Treshnish Isles, a sanctuary for wildlife.
- A westerly sunset in sheltered Duart Bay.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Six Night Cruise all-inclusive
- Four Nights Land Travel including D B & B.
- USA $3,958.00 or $395.00 per person per day.