China - Panda Conservationoffered by supplier M17917 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 7 - 28 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 10 people
Specialty Categories: Volunteering Vacations
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 1299 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 2499 US Dollar (USD)
Pandas are the second most threatened species in the world. Only about 1000 pandas are estimated to live in the wild. Destruction of the panda's natural habitat is now the major threat to the survival of the species. In the eleven years from 1973 to 1984, suitable panda habitats shrunk by 50% in the six isolated areas where pandas live. Human activity - logging, animal grazing, and agriculture - are the major sources of habitat destruction. Wolong Panda Club is an environmental-friendly organization which is keen to attract more people around the world to pay more attention to the giant panda and cherish the environmental resources. Its slogan "Caring Giant Panda, Caring Ourselves" is becoming more popular in China.
- Skills/Qualification. There are no specific qualifications required since the professional staff members at the panda conservation center will provide necessary orientation and training to adequately perform duties pertaining to panda conservation. However, an agreement is to be signed prior to your arrival and terms and conditions are strictly observed for the duration of the project period.
- Volunteers' responsibilities. Volunteers in the panda conservation projects are involved in various activities. Under close direction and supervision of the already-existing professional staff members, volunteers will assist in caring for and feeding the center's panda, cleaning their habitats, observing various panda behavior (rutting, mating), assist in administering physical examinations, cub training, ultrasounds, cub-births, breeding, etc. (duties often vary from season to season). Volunteers are able to conduct vital research while studying these fascinating creatures which face closely-impending extinction.
- Room/ Food. We provide living accommodations and three (3) meals a day in near by motel or simple hotel. Volunteers will have their own private, comfortable rooms with a bathroom, toilet, sink, and shower. Food will be provided inside the panda conservation center where volunteers will have meals consisting of traditional Chinese fare. Panda Conservation program starts on the first and third Monday of each month
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- 7 days $1299
- 14 days $1699
- 21 days $2099
- 28 days $2499.
- Chengdu-Wolong Transportation (one way)
- Taking-Panda-Picture fee
- Three local meals a day
- Accommodation in simple hotel or host family
- Obligatory donation to Conservation project.
- International flights
- Visa extension
- Personal expenses on water/soft drinks/entertainment ($1-3 per day)
- Laundry, telephone, immunization costs.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Mar 2008
Institute for Field Research Expeditions (IFRE), is a non profit organization. Our parent company is registered as Global Future Institute (GFI) in Louisiana. The main goal of IFRE is to carry out authentic field research programs on ecology, environment, wildlife, archeology and other areas affecting global...