Peru - Volunteer Abroad Experienceoffered by supplier M17917 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 7 - 84 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 20 people
Specialty Categories: Volunteering Vacations Cultural Journey
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 849 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 2422 US Dollar (USD)
- Free Spanish Language and Cultural Immersion (2 hours a day up to 12 weeks): In Peru, we offer Free Spanish classes as part of the cultural orientation and as a free bonus to you. Even though you can choose to take the optional Spanish classes or go directly into your volunteer project; We suggest volunteers take the free Spanish classes as some level of Spanish is important for a successful Peru volunteer program. These classes take place in our partner's Cusco based Spanish school situated in a modern office building just 3 blocks from Cusco's historical Plaza de Armas. There are 11 classrooms for group and private classes, a small library, and modern laptop computers running Windows XP, all with high-speed Internet connections. Every classroom is equipped with comfortable chairs, a whiteboard, and a cassette and CD player. The main teaching room has a surround sound system, DVD player, cassette player, and TV.
On your first day, you will participate in a brief orientation, take a language placement test, and then be placed at an appropriate level. Throughout your language training, the teacher will continuously assess your ability in the 4 language skills - Speaking, Listening, Reading, and Writing; and the 4 language systems - Grammar, Vocabulary, Phonology, and Function.
- Work in volunteer service projects. Volunteer Peru work projects and locations. We in Peru presently support local orphanages, street children, schools, health projects, and conservation projects. Volunteer projects in Peru are available in Cusco, Urubamba, Trujillo, and Arequipa.
Volunteers may help in any of these volunteer projects available in Peru:
- Work in orphanage (Cusco, Urubamba, Trujillo, Arequipa)
- Work with Street Children (Cusco, Urubamba)
- Teaching English (Cusco, Urubamba)
- Health project (Cusco)
- Conservation project (Cusco, Urubamba, Lima, Junin)
- Summer volunteer and adventure program Peru (4 Weeks).
- Peru volunteer program: arrangement of room/food/supervision. We arrange room, food, and supervision for volunteers from the beginning to the end of the program. During the Spanish language and cultural immersion program, volunteers will stay in our hostel in Cusco. Alternatively, we can also arrange room and food accommodations with a host family. After the Language and Culture Orientation week, and during the volunteering period in Peru, most volunteers move from the hostel in with a host family. Your host family will provide you a separate room but you will share bathroom, kitchen and laundry facilities. The full immersion home stay is one of the most important parts of your language and culture development. In Cusco, our staff visits volunteers every seven to fourteen days. But in Urubamba, Trujillo, Arequipa, we will give you a local contact person because of the distance from our office these volunteers will stay in touch with our staff by phone or Email.
- Start Dates: Volunteers program starts on the following (first and third Monday of each month): We are proud to offer all of the services that our competitors offer at a very special economical price (nearly 50-175% less). We do not make 6-figured salaries; and we work very hard and smart to keep costs down especially for you the volunteer where it counts the most. We remain devoted to maintaining both the quality of the program and the safety of all volunteers involved.
Here is a brief summary of the program fee and services that we offer:
- We are a 501 (C) 3 organization so your program fee will be tax deductible as provided by law.
- Our application fee: US $349. The application fee covers advertising, program promotion, and office expenses (rent, utilities, and staff salaries).
- Volunteer program fee:
* 4 days: US $500
* 1 week: US $696
* 2 weeks: US $795
* 3 weeks: US $903
* 4 weeks: US $1011
* 5 weeks: US $1144
* 6 weeks: US $1277
* 7 weeks: US $1410
* 8 weeks: US $1543
* 9 weeks: US $1676
* 10 weeks: US $1809
* 11 weeks: US $1942
* 12 weeks: US $2073
- What's Included in Program Fee:
* Food (3 Meals a day)
* Comprehensive Travel Insurance
* Emergency Hot Line - 24/7/365 from any part of the world
* Airport Welcome
* In country Transportation
* Country Coordinator Support
* Thoroughly researched and personalized projects
* Safe Volunteer Placement
* Volunteer Care and Other Services
* Emergency support
* Certificate of Appreciation/Completion
* Fund Raising Ideas.
No fee for Spanish language classes. Peru program fee covers 2 hours free Spanish lesson (for up to 12 weeks for beginner and intermediate level student). Language program covers Language and cultural training, food and accommodations in host family ( Breakfast & dinner only), Training materials (books, papers), Insurance.
- Peru volunteer program free time: There are free times for volunteers during Spanish language and culture program, weekends, and volunteering period. The Institute for Field Research Expeditions does not offer any program for volunteers during their free time. It is the time of self discovery and learning. However, our local staffs will give you free advice, travel tips, and helps to book your travel. Peru is a travel paradise that offers tremendous opportunities for travel and exploration. Please discuss with our local staff the best option available for you in your free time.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- All airport reception
- Room and food.
- International flights
- Visa extension
- Personal expenses on water/soft drinks/entertainment ($1-3 per day), laundry, telephone, immunization costs.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Mar 2008
Institute for Field Research Expeditions (IFRE), is a non profit organization. Our parent company is registered as Global Future Institute (GFI) in Louisiana. The main goal of IFRE is to carry out authentic field research programs on ecology, environment, wildlife, archeology and other areas affecting global...