South Africa - Volunteer Abroad Experienceoffered by supplier M17917 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 7 - 84 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 20 people
Destination(s): South Africa
Specialty Categories: Volunteering Vacations Cultural Journey
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 1148 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 3222 US Dollar (USD)
We do not work in the bigger cities, but instead focus on the smaller towns and rural areas, as that is where they need help most and who are at their most vulnerable. You as a volunteer will make a big impact and a difference where your help is needed most and with the people you are interested in, taking your own preferences into consideration. You will thus be leaving your footprint and rebuilding the lives of many people. It will be a memory that will last you and the communities for a lifetime!
- Phase one: Cultural Immersion Orientation. Your South Africa program begins with orientation, training and travel experience in Cape Town, including stops at stunning photo spots on Table Mountain. The Orientation covers the volunteers' role in their project as well as providing valuable information about South African culture and lifestyle. Once your orientation is complete, you will be ready to begin the volunteer experience of a lifetime. Some volunteers will be moved to the outer limits of Cape Town, into the wine countries, or small suburbs of Cape Town. You will begin your full immersion home stay that promises to be one of the most rewarding aspects of your volunteer program in south Africa.
- Phase two: work in volunteer service projects. Volunteer south africa work projects and locations. We invite you to explore the intriguing country of South Africa while helping its children and adults through projects focused on teaching, orphans assistance, health issues, and grassroots community development projects.
Ongoing programs in South Africa include:
- Projects with orphaned and impoverished children
- Street Children/ Youth at Risk Projects/Women at Risk & Adult learning programs
- Primary School/ Teach English Projects
- HIV/AIDS Projects
- Community Health/ Medical Projects
- Disabled Children/Special Education/ Senior Citizen Care Projects
- Daycare Projects.
Along with these projects we also have possibilities to make tailor made projects for our adult learning program in the fields of food & beverage, hospitality, health & safety etc. One very important aspect of our volunteer programs is our orientation program because it helps the volunteer to prepare for the different cultures and communities, and the do and don'ts. This must be seen as a crucial part of being a successful volunteer!
- South Africa Volunteer Program: Accommodations - Room/Food/Supervision. We arrange room, food, and supervision for volunteer from the start to the end of program. During orientation and training program, volunteers stay in our hostel in Cape Town. Our hostel in Cape Town is located in the heart of the city giving volunteers easy access to all parts of the city. During the volunteering period, volunteers stay with a host family. However, volunteers joining the orphanage project will stay in the orphanage compound as these are residential projects and your help will be needed both morning and evening. We arrange a separate room for volunteers in the home stay and in the orphanage. You can find the details of the room/food accommodations in the placement sheets for your project.
- South Africa Volunteer Program - Free Time. There are free times for volunteers during one week language and culture program, weekends, and volunteering period. Institute for Field Research Expeditions does not offer any program for volunteers in free time. It is the time of self discovery and learning. However, our local staff will give you free advice, travel tips, and helps to book your travel. In your free time, you can explore the amazing wildlife, fascinating landscape, a colorful culture and custom, gorgeous beaches, and astonishing tours of the historic sights. Or you can simply hike in the village or ride bicycles. Please discuss with our local project staff the best options available for you in your free time in South Africa
- South Africa Volunteer Program Fee and Dates: Start Dates: Volunteers program starts on the following (first and third Wednesday of each month). We are proud to offer all of the services that our competitors offer at a very special economical price (nearly 50-175% less). We do not make 6-figured salaries; and we work very hard and smart to keep costs down especially for you the volunteer where it counts the most. We remain devoted to maintaining both the quality of the program and the safety of all volunteers involved.
Here is a brief summary of the program fee and services that we offer:
- We are a 501 (C) 3 organization so your program fee will be tax deductible as provided by law.
- Our application fee: US $349. The application fee covers advertising, program promotion, and office expenses (rent, utilities, and staff salaries).
- Volunteer program fee:
* 4 days: US $799
* 1 week: US $944
* 2 weeks: US $1045
* 3 weeks: US $1228
* 4 weeks: US $1411
* 5 weeks: US $1594
* 6 weeks: US $1777
* 7 weeks: US $1960
* 8 weeks: US $2143
* 9 weeks: US $2326
* 10 weeks: US $2509
* 11 weeks: US $2692
* 12 weeks: US $2873.
- What's Included in Program Fee:
* Food (3 Meals a day)
* Comprehensive Travel Insurance
* Emergency Hot Line - 24/7/365 from any part of the world
* Airport Welcome
* In country Transportation
* Country Coordinator Support
* Thoroughly researched and personalized projects
* Safe Volunteer Placement
* Volunteer Care and Other Services
* Emergency support
* Certificate of Appreciation/Completion
* Fund Raising Ideas.
Program fee covers comprehensive insurance, room and food ( 3 local meals a day) for the entire project period, donation to project, South Africa office expenses (rent, utilities, salaries, vehicle), communication, and project co-ordination.
- Language and culture training fee (3 days): US $300. Language and culture program is mandatory for volunteers joining South Africa program as this program is very important for a successful volunteering experience in South Africa. Language fee covers Language and cultural training, food and accommodations, Training materials (books, papers), travel, insurance.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- All airport reception
- Room and food.
- International flights
- Visa extension
- Personal expenses on water/soft drinks/entertainment ($1-3 per day), laundry, telephone, immunization costs.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Mar 2008
Institute for Field Research Expeditions (IFRE), is a non profit organization. Our parent company is registered as Global Future Institute (GFI) in Louisiana. The main goal of IFRE is to carry out authentic field research programs on ecology, environment, wildlife, archeology and other areas affecting global...