Sri Lanka - Volunteer Abroad Experienceoffered by supplier M17917 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 7 - 84 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 20 people
Destination(s): Sri Lanka
Specialty Categories: Volunteering Vacations Cultural Journey
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 748 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 2072 US Dollar (USD)
- Phase one: Language and Cultural Immersion. In Sri Lanka, we offer one week of language and cultural orientation. However, you can choose to take the Orientation or go directly into a volunteer project. If you decided to participate in one week language and cultural immersion, your program starts in Galle, a small beautiful tourist city nearly 4 hours drive from Colombo. The program comprises of orientation, general questions/answer session, local language, visits of nearby villages and small cities. As a part of program you will also visit some popular tourist destinations of Sri Lanka. Only after one week of language training, travel, and basic understating of local culture, language, and ways of life, you will move to your project.
- Phase two: work in volunteer service projects. Volunteer Sri Lanka work projects. Our Sri Lanka volunteer program focuses primarily on supporting local orphanage, schools, NGOs, and women's groups. We also have programs on conservation efforts (such as an elephant orphanage and a turtle conservation project). Presently, volunteer opportunities are also available in elephant studies as well as observing/studying the migratory birds of Sri Lanka.
Volunteers can help in any of these volunteer projects in Sri Lanka:
- Work in orphanage (Galle)
- Teaching Buddhist Monks (Galle)
- Work in elephant orphanage (Pinnawela, Kegalla)
- Turtle conservation Project (Kosgoda).
- Sri Lanka Volunteer program: arrangement of room/food/supervision. We arrange room, food, and supervision for volunteers from the start to the end of the program. During first week of language and cultural program, volunteers stay in a host family in Galle, Sri Lanka (Most likely in the home of our coordinator). We have an office (small) in Galle, a beautiful sea beach and tourist areas 4 hours west of Colombo. We manage local food 3 times a day.
During volunteering (for working in orphanage, teaching English, and teaching Buddhist monk), volunteers mostly stay in host family. Your host family will offer you a separate room but you will share room, shower, and toilet facilities with host family. However, with little additional fee, we can manage staying in a sea side motel. Galle's beaches are world famous for their beauty and always offer colorful experiences. Please contact us if you want to stay in a sea beach motel. Many volunteers choose to stay sea side. The details of housing arrangement will be given before the start of program.
- Start Dates: Volunteers program starts on the following (first and third Monday of each month). We are proud to offer all of the services that our competitors offer at a very special economical price (nearly 50-175% less). We do not make 6-figured salaries; and we work very hard and smart to keep costs down especially for you the volunteer where it counts the most. We remain devoted to maintaining both the quality of the program and the safety of all volunteers involved.
Here is a brief summary of the program fee and services that we offer:
- We are a 501 (C) 3 organization so your program fee will be tax deductible as provided by law.
- Our application fee: US $349. The application fee covers advertising, program promotion, and office expenses (rent, utilities, and staff salaries).
- Volunteer program fee:
* 4 days: US $399
* 1 week: US $544
* 2 weeks: US $645
* 3 weeks: US $753
* 4 weeks: US $861
* 5 weeks: US $969
* 6 weeks: US $1077
* 7 weeks: US $1185
* 8 weeks: US $1293
* 9 weeks: US $1401
* 10 weeks: US $1509
* 11 weeks: US $1617
* 12 weeks: US $1723
- What's Included in Program Fee:
* Food (3 Meals a day)
* Comprehensive Travel Insurance
* Emergency Hot Line - 24/7/365 from any part of the world
* Airport Welcome
* In country Transportation
* Country Coordinator Support
* Thoroughly researched and personalized projects
* Safe Volunteer Placement
* Volunteer Care and Other Services
* Emergency support
* Certificate of Appreciation/Completion
* Fund Raising Ideas.
- Volunteer joining elephant orphanage project are required to pay additional $50 per week.
- Accommodation in Sea Beach Hotel with additional fee of $10 per day.
- Sri Lanka language program fee: US$ 250 for one week. Language fee covers language and cultural training, food and accommodations for 7 days, training materials (books, papers), cost of local sightseeing/tourist sites, cost of recreational activities, Insurance.
- Sri Lanka volunteer program free time. We do not offer any program for volunteers in free time. It is the time of self discovery and learning. However, our local staffs will give you free advice, travel tips, and helps to book your travel. Sri Lanka is one of the natural paradises of Asia. It offers your tremendous opportunities for travel and exploration. In your free time, you can travel to major tourist areas such as Colombo, Kandy, Negombo, Anuradhapura, Sigiriya, and Dambulla. You can simply hike in the village or ride bicycles. Sri Lanka people also perform a variety of rituals and religious activities; you can join these activities with your host family. Please discuss your recreation options with our Sri Lanka project staff for activities available in your free time.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- All airport reception
- Room and food.
- International flights
- Visa extension
- Personal expenses on water/soft drinks/entertainment ($1-3 per day), laundry, telephone, immunization costs.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Mar 2008
Institute for Field Research Expeditions (IFRE), is a non profit organization. Our parent company is registered as Global Future Institute (GFI) in Louisiana. The main goal of IFRE is to carry out authentic field research programs on ecology, environment, wildlife, archeology and other areas affecting global...