Uganda - Volunteer Abroad Experienceoffered by supplier M17917 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 7 - 84 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 20 people
Specialty Categories: Volunteering Vacations Cultural Journey
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 648 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 2180 US Dollar (USD)
- Phase One: Language and Cultural Immersion: In Uganda, we offer one week of language and cultural orientation in Jinja. However, you can choose to either enroll in the orientation or go directly to your assigned volunteer project. If you decide to participate in the one-week language and cultural immersion, you will start out with one-week of language classes, cultural immersion, and travel experiences in Jinja, Entebbe and Kampala.
- Phase Two: Work in Volunteer Service Projects. Uganda Volunteer Work Projects and Locations. Our volunteer programs in Uganda presently support local orphanages, HIV/AIDS projects, local schools, regional health project and NGOs working to improve and address various social issues. Volunteer projects in Uganda are located in Jinja, Kampala, and Entebbe. Volunteers can work in any of these volunteer projects in Uganda while sharing their love and skills with the local kids, woman's groups, and communities.
- Volunteer in Uganda– Orphanage Project
- Volunteer in Uganda– Teach English in Rural/ Public School
- Volunteer in Uganda– HIV/AIDS Projects
- Volunteer in Uganda– Health Projects.
- Volunteer Uganda Accommodation-Room/Food/Supervision: we arrange living accommodations, meals, and supervision of volunteers from the start to the end of program. If enrolled in the first week's culture and language program volunteers are accommodated in a local host family. Usually, volunteers are hosted by our local coordinator. Our country coordinators are responsible, mature and educated individuals who have years of experience hosting international volunteers. Depending on the location of the assigned projects, volunteers usually stay in either or host family or a nearby hostel.
As is usually the case, volunteers participating in the orphanage project will reside within the residences located within the confines of the orphanage's compound. We arrange clean and simple accommodations for volunteers who are either assigned private or shared rooms (with fellow volunteers) in either a hostel or host family. Bathrooms are usually shared with other residents/volunteers. Details pertaining to living accommodations are covered in pre-supplied placement sheets. We provide three meals/day with supervision provided by our local coordinator for the duration of your stay in Uganda.
- Start Dates: Volunteers program starts on the following (first and third Monday of each month). We are proud to offer all of the services that our competitors offer at a very special economical price (nearly 50-175% less). We do not make 6-figured salaries; and we work very hard and smart to keep costs down especially for you the volunteer where it counts the most. We remain devoted to maintaining both the quality of the program and the safety of all volunteers involved.
Here is a brief summary of the program fee and services that we offer:
- We are a 501 (C) 3 organization so your program fee will be tax deductible as provided by law.
- Our application fee: US $349. The application fee covers advertising, program promotion, and office expenses (rent, utilities, and staff salaries).
- Volunteer program fee:
* 4 days: US $299
* 1 week: US $594
* 2 weeks: US $703
* 3 weeks: US $811
* 4 weeks: US $919
* 5 weeks: US $1027
* 6 weeks: US $1135
* 7 weeks: US $1293
* 8 weeks: US $1401
* 9 weeks: US $1509
* 10 weeks: US $1617
* 11 weeks: US $1725
* 12 weeks: US $1831.
- What's Included in Program Fee:
* Food (3 Meals a day)
* Comprehensive Travel Insurance
* Emergency Hot Line - 24/7/365 from any part of the world
* Airport Welcome
* In country Transportation
* Country Coordinator Support
* Thoroughly researched and personalized projects
* Safe Volunteer Placement
* Volunteer Care and Other Services
* Emergency support
* Certificate of Appreciation/Completion
* Fund Raising Ideas.
- Uganda Language and Culture Program Fee: $250 (US) for one week. Language fee covers language and cultural training, food and accommodations for 7 days, training materials (books, educational materials), cost of local sight-seeing/visiting tourist sites, cost of recreational activities, insurance.
- Uganda Volunteer Program Free Time: During the culture and language course as well as for the duration of the volunteer period, participants have time to themselves during the weekends. While we do not arrange any "free time" activities, there are a number of activities which volunteers can participate in. Uganda has some of the most amazing examples of wildlife, as well as numerous safaris, fascinating landscapes, colorful customs, gorgeous beaches, historic castles, etc. Hikes through the local villages and country-sides can also be the perfect backdrop for an authentic, cultural experience. Our local staff members can provide invaluable assistance in booking travel and/or tours around Uganda. All participants are advised to explore the best options for traveling with the local coordinators.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- All airport reception
- Room and food.
- International flights
- Visa extension
- Personal expenses on water/soft drinks/entertainment ($1-3 per day), laundry, telephone, immunization costs.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Mar 2008
Institute for Field Research Expeditions (IFRE), is a non profit organization. Our parent company is registered as Global Future Institute (GFI) in Louisiana. The main goal of IFRE is to carry out authentic field research programs on ecology, environment, wildlife, archeology and other areas affecting global...