Peru Taster Touroffered by supplier M16577 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 6 - 8 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 24 people
Specialty Categories: Archeology/History
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: Yes
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 1185 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 2595 US Dollar (USD)
- Lima "City of Kings"
- Cusco city tour and surrounding sites, including Sacsayhuaman, Qenko and Tambo Machay
- Full day excursion to the Sacred Valley of the Incas, including Pisaq Market and Ollantaytambo
- Guided tour of the Inca citadel Machu Picchu.
- Starts & ends: Lima
- Departures year round on Sundays, Tuesdays & Fridays to fit with market days.
Day 1: Arrive in Lima at any time. You will be met at the airport and taken to your hotel. There are no planned activities today so you can check into your hotel and enjoy the city. If you wish to have a Lima City Tour you can ask reception to arrange that for you locally.
Day 2: Cuzco. Transfer to the airport for the flight to Cuzco. On arrival you will be met and transferred to your hotel. This afternoon we will collect you from your hotel for an extended tour of Cuzco and the Inca Sights nearby. You will be accompanied by a private qualified English speaking guide and driver. We start the tour at the Inca ruins of Tambomachay. We then proceed to Puca Pucara (Quechua for red fortress) and then Qenko; a sanctuary dedicated to the adoration of animals.
You will then visit one of the most important Inca sites in South America, the enormous fortress of Sacsayhuamán. Cuzco was designed in the shape of a lying puma with Sacsayhuamán as its head. You will next visit Cuzco Cathedral which is one of the finest Colonial Cathedrals in the Americas. Finally we proceed to visit Coricancha, originally named Inti Qancha ('Temple of the Sun'). This was the most important temple in the Inca Empire. Today we finalize with the extended Cuzco city tour whereupon we will return to your hotel.
Day 3: Today you will take a tour of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. The tour visits the market town of Pisac. Pisac is a great place to buy local artifacts. There is a big artisans market here every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday and many of the local craftsmen come in from the surrounding hills to sell their goods. Then proceed on to Ollantaytambo which is an attractive little town located at the western end of the Sacred Valley. The town has been built on top of original Inca foundations and is the best surviving example of Inca town planning. The town is located at the foot of some spectacular Inca ruins. Overnight: hotel.
Day 4: Today you catch the train to Machu Picchu. The train journey follows the Urubamba Valley with scenic views and photographic opportunities. On arrival in Aguas Calientes there is a spectacular 20 min bus journey from the railway station in Aguas Calientes up to the ruins. You will enjoy a tour of Machu Picchu led by a qualified English speaking guide before having some free time to explore the site by yourselves. Your guide will lead you on a full exploration of the ruins - staircases, terraces, temples, palaces, towers, fountains and the famous sundial. Return to the town of Aguas Calientes and your hotel for the overnight.
Day 5: Following your stay, morning at leisure in Aguas Calientes or revisit the ruins. In Aguas Calientes you can visit the hot springs or choose to climb Puticusi Mountain for a different perspective on the site of Machu Picchu. A climb not for the faint-hearted! Today you can enjoy the site at your leisure and see some of the sites that are not included in the standard one-day only tour, such as the Sun Gate and the Hanging Inca Bridge, or choose to climb Huayna Picchu, the peak that overlooks Machu Picchu. The entrance fee and bus to the ruins and back for a second visit are payable locally. Afternoon departure of your train back to Cusco. You will be met at the train station and returned to your hotel.
Day 6: Today you will be transferred to Cusco airport for your flight to Lima.
- Itineraries can be tailored to your requirements
- Depending on your international flights you can connect directly and fly home or if you would like to stay an extra day or days in Lima please let us know in advance so we can arrange the extra transfers and hotel for you.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Airfare is included in the tour price.
- 5 nights hotel accomodation with breakfast included
- All transfers and entrance fees for all sites
- Cusco city tour and outlying sites including Sacsayhuaman
- Full day Sacred Valley tour including Pisaq market and Ollantaytambo with lunch
- Visit to Machu Picchu including transfers, buses and entrance tickets and a private guided tour on the first day
- Domestic flights and taxes: Lima - Cusco - Lima
- English speaking, qualified local guides and representatives, and support 24 hours.
- International flights and taxes to your destination
- End of tour arrangements
- Meals (other than those stated) and personal expenses.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: May 2007
M16577 is an English owned and operated company based in Cusco, Peru. This small dedicated team have been in South America for years and have comprehensive experience in travel which they are eager to pass onto you. Being based in South America we understand the quirks and problems that can arise, and are here on the...