Essential Luang Prabang and Cruise the Mekong River: 3 Days/2 NightsPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 3 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 16 people
Specialty Categories: Cultural Journey Boating and Sailing
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 370 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 470 US Dollar (USD)
To gain a deeper insight into the spiritual soul of the city, we will bring you deep into the limestone caverns of Pak Ou Caves to see the repository of Buddha statues and up Mount Phou Si to capture the spectacular view of the town at sunset. As you explore the town on foot or cruise along the Mekong River, witness the traditional way of life as you observe the Lao livelihoods of silk weaving, textile making and fishing. You will have time to wander through the bustling hill tribe market in the evening. Putting up in the beautiful and luxurious La Residence Phou Vao, you will relish a relaxing Lao holiday as you explore this mountain kingdom nestled in the rolling mountains by the Mekong River.
Day 1: Arrival in Luang Prabang. On arrival, you will be welcomed by your tour guide and taken on an orientation tour around this picturesque town. At sunset, ascend the 328 steps to the top of Phou Si Mountain that offers a stunning panoramic view of the surrounding rivers and cityscape before wandering through the bustling Hill tribe Market for traditional textiles and handicrafts made by the hill tribes. Overnight in The Grand Luang Prabang.
Day 2: Pak Ou-Luang Prabang. Following breakfast, cruise upstream along the Mekong River to Pak Ou Caves, where you will discover gold-lacquered Buddha statues of all shapes and sizes nestled deep in the limestone caverns. Discover the significance of waterways in the Lao livelihood as you slowly cruise along the Mekong River. Embark on a cultural tour of Luang Prabang in the afternoon, in which you will visit the Royal Palace, now National Museum, before exploring the gilded temples dotted across the city which include Wat Mai, Wat Sensoukarahm and Wat Xieng Thong. Overnight in The Grand Luang Prabang. Includes: (B).
Day 3: Luang Prabang. After breakfast, spend the morning at the Heritage Information Center and learn how Luang Prabang fuses and preserves its traditional Lao and European colonial architecture. If time permits, visit the weaving village of Xang Khong and witness the techniques of making Lao textiles and mulberry paper before transferring to the airport for your departure flight. Includes: (B).
- The price is a guideline and will vary according to travel dates and room availability
- The price is based on two people traveling together and sharing a twin or double room.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Accommodation with daily breakfast
- Meals as indicated in itinerary
- Services of an English speaking guide
- Services of a driver and private air-conditioned vehicles during all tours and transfers
- Admission fees for all sights visited
- Camera and video cameras fees if applicable
- Boat trip as mentioned in the program to Pak Ou Caves
- Fees for elephant riding
- All permissions and local taxes.
- Alcoholic drinks and drinks at mealtimes
- Optional visits to sights not mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses such as telephone, laundry, etc
- Visa stamping fee for Laos
- Extension visa that costs 2 US per person per day and 1 US more if arrival is on a Saturday or Sunday
- Personal travel insurance
- Tips for guide, driver, boat crew and hotels’ porters
- Meals other than those mentioned above
- All airfares and airport taxes
- Other services not clearly indicated in the inclusion package above.