The Sound of Austrian Musicoffered by supplier M18171 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 8 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 15 people
Specialty Categories: Dance, Music and Opera
Season: September - October
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 2275 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 2275 US Dollar (USD)
And as a special treat we are taking you to a unique Haydn concert in Eisenstadt at the Schloss Esterhazy where Haydn worked and composed. And it would not be a complete visit to Austria if there we did not give you a chance to sample Austria’s wonderful food and wine.
Tour Dates: October 17 – 24.
Day 1, October 17: Depart from an airport in the USA for flight to Austria.
Day 2, October 18: Salzburg. A.M. - Arrival at Salzburg airport, transfer to hotel with English speaking drivers Check into hotel – Austrotel or similar. Half day walking tour of Salzburg with guide including entrance to Mozart's birthplace and Mozart's residence. Eve - Mozart dinner concert at St Peter Stiftskeller.
Day 3, October 19: Buffet breakfast at hotel. A.M.- Half day Sound of Music Tour in a private coach with an English-speaking guide.Lunch at local restaurant. P.M. - Free at leisure. Eve - early dinner on own. Afterwards attend the Palace concert at Mirabel Palace (program tba).
Day 4, October 20 - Salzburg/Vienna: Buffet breakfast at hotel. A.M. - Transfer to train station Salzburg in private coach with English-speaking driver. Take train from Salzburg to Vienna (1st class tickets). P.M. - Arrival in Vienna, transfer to hotel in p/c with English-speaking driver. Eve - Dinner at Restaurant Griechenbeisl.
Day 5, October 21 - Vienna: Buffet breakfast at hotel. A.M. - Half day walking tour with English-speaking guide including entrance to House of Music and Haydn House, Drei Mäderl Haus and Beethoven Haus (Pasquelati). Lunch: At local restaurant Kaffee Lehmann. 4 P.M. - Vienna Boys Choir Concert at Musikverein Saal - optional. P.M. - A free at leisure, dinner on own.
Day 6, October 22 - Vienna: Buffet breakfast at hotel. A.M. - Half day city tour of Vienna in private coach with English speaking guide including your entrance to Schönbrunn Palace. P.M. - On own for shopping or visiting more museums, dinner on own. Eve - Attend Johann Strauss concert in Wiener Kursalon.
Day 7, October 23th - Eisenstadt: Buffet breakfast at hotel. A.M. - Free at leisure. P.M. - Excursion to Eisenstadt with private coach and English-speaking guide. Then a visit to the Esterhazy Palace (poss. Haydn concert on CD), and afterwards travel on to Raiding, where Franz Liszt was borne, with a visit to the Liszt Museum. At 5:00 P.M. - Attend a concert in the marvelous concert hall (designed by a japanese architecture Fujimori - "I wanted to create something reminiscent of a stork nest"). At 7:30 P.M. transfer back to Vienna and farewell dinner at local restaurant (tba).
Day 8, October - Vienna. Buffet breakfast at hotel. A.M. - Transfer from hotel to Vienna airport in 2 minivans with English-speaking drivers.
- Ticket for Vienna Boys choir concert
- Personal expenses and tips
- Beverages for meals except 1 mineral water and coffee.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- 2 overnights in Salzburg at Hotel Austrotel or similar
- 4 overnights in Vienna at Hotel Johann Strauss or similar
- Daily buffet breakfast
- 1 dinner and concert at St. Peter Stiftskeller in Salzburg (3 course meal including 1 mineral water, coffee)
- 2 dinners and 2 lunches at local restaurants (3 course meal including 1 mineral water, coffee)
- Station and airport transfers
- Tours will be operated in private coach with English-speaking guides
- Train ticket Salzburg/Vienna (1st class including seat reservation)
- 1 ticket for Mirabell Palace concert in Salzburg
- 1 ticket for Mozart and J.Strauss concert at Imperial Palace Vienna
- 1 ticket Franz Liszt concert
- 48 hours Salzburg card (free use of public transport and benefits)
- Salzburg and Vienna cards (free use of public transport and more)
- Entrances and guides as mentioned.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: May 2008
Visit Austria and its living culture with the special interest tours created by our company. Learn to cook the Viennese way, taste the Austrian wines, visit the Imperial rose gardens, follow the trails of Austria's famous musical sons: Mozart, Schubert, Strauss, enjoy the spirit of Christmas of Austria and spend a...