Mountain High Yoga Retreat - Essence of AshtangaPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 3 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 16 people
Specialty Categories: Yoga & Spiritual Experience
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 395 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 725 US Dollar (USD)
Join Dana Rae Pare for three full days of Ashtanga yoga and hiking amongst tall pine trees, spectacular views and sunny skies. Located in Idyllwild, California – an artist's colony nestled in the San Jacinto mountains – an easy 2 hour drive from San Diego or Los Angeles. Each day includes over 3 hours of yoga (Silent meditation hike; 1.75 hour a.m. active practice; 1 hour afternoon restorative and 3 or more hours of hiking. If you prefer not to hike, Idyllwild offers many art galleries and cafes to browse between yoga classes.
To ensure you get three full days of yoga and hiking the retreat begins with an orientation at 5:30 and 8:00pm on Thursday May 15th at the Lodge. The retreat finishes at 4:30 pm on Sunday May 18th.
- 6:45 – 7:30 am Peace Walk – greet each day with a slow-paced, silent, meditation hike through the woods. Connect deeply to nature with each conscious step, practicing mindfulness. Increase awareness, ignite your senses, and awaken your spirit. After 30 – 40 minutes we’ll arrive at our yoga shala in the woods.
- 7:30 – 9:15 am Essence of Ashtanga Practice – the true spirit of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga is within the Breath and the Bandhas (internal energy locks). This year we’ll take our Peace Walk one step further and bring it inside to our daily practice. Continuing the silence begun with the Peace Walk, you’ll enter the shala, find your mat and begin to quietly practice.
Dana’s inspiring voice will guide you and her hands-on adjustments will help you go just a little bit deeper. Emphasis will be placed on maintaining consistent rhythm of breath and combining this with the bandhas to bring correct alignment in every posture. A regular yoga practice that includes sun salutations, and a good knowledge of alignment is essential for you to fully appreciate this class.
- 9:15 am Bountiful Brunch – served outside on the deck immediately after practice. Healthy and Hearty.
- 10:30 am Hiking – our hiking program is an amazing experience. Both challenging and empowering, with hours spent breathing fresh clean air and reconnecting with nature. Each day varies in length from 2 - 4 hours. Which includes taking breaks for water, lunch and, of course, to enjoy spectacular views.
Please Note: We’ll be walking at a moderate pace at altitudes up to 8,000 feet. If you are not used to this or do not currently walk, hike or run on a regular basis, we recommend you begin a training program two months prior to this weekend. We want this to be a pleasant experience for all. Please email us for any advice or guidance.
- 3:30 – 4:30 pm Yoga Playtime (Friday and Saturday only) – kick of your hiking boots and stretch your toes! Unwind, invert, restore and recharge in this light and playful class. Dana will teach a playful exploratory workshop that ends with soothing restorative yoga. After hiking all day, taking the weight off your feet will be a welcome treat.
- 4:30 pm Free Time/Dinner – explore the village of Idyllwild and its choice of restaurants and shops on Friday and Saturday evening.
-3:30 – 4:15 pm Stretch and Go! (Sunday only) – stretch, relax and unwind after a weekend of active recreation and yoga before you begin the journey home. Dana leads you through a restorative program of deep stretches and a closing meditation. A balanced way to complete the weekend.
Meals - You'll be served a large, delicious Brunch Buffet each morning after yoga practice. A healthy, nutritious packed lunch is provided each day for hikers. Both meals are lacto-ovo vegetarian, though not necessarily low-cal. We have excluded dinner from the program so you can experience the wide variety of restaurants and cafes that Idyllwild offers and make your own choice. A list of selections is included in your joining pack – most of which are within easy walking distance of the lodge.
Accommodation - This retreat offers two types of accommodation – lodge or camping. Both are located at the edge of the forest within walking distance of the yoga shala. Lodge Accommodation - Lovely lodge accommodations with log cabin ambiance. Small but pristine, each lodge room has its own private balcony with views of the forest. The single lodge price includes 3 nights accommodation (arrive any time between 2:00 pm and 7:00 pm on Thursday May 15th), all yoga, daily hiking, brunch and packed lunch. The double lodge price covers the same for two people sharing.
Camping - If you enjoy the great outdoors and prefer to sleep under the stars, we have reserved a section of a campground nearby the Nature Center located near hot showers and clean bathrooms. The camping price includes 3 nights camping (arrive any time between 2:00 pm and 7:00 pm on Thursday May 15th), all yoga, daily hiking, brunch and packed lunch.
Also you can have your own accommodation. This option is for those who prefer to do make their own accommodation arrangements and just join us for yoga and hiking. The price includes all yoga, daily hiking, brunch and packed lunch.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Own Accommodation: $395 p/p
- Camping: $420 p/p
- Double Lodge: $575 p/p
- Single Lodge: $725 p/p.