Mountain High Yoga Retreat - Edge of Yogaoffered by supplier M18021 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 3 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 20 people
Specialty Categories: Yoga & Spiritual Experience Hiking & Trekking
Season: May - October
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 385 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1280 US Dollar (USD)
Yoga's 3-4 day Weekend Retreats are designed for busy people who need a break to unwind their mind and are seeking an extremely active program for their body. We offer several different accommodations to suit everyone's budget (see below for details). This retreat is located in the San Jacinto mountains of Idyllwild, California, an artist's colony just an easy 2 hour drive from L.A. or San Diego. Each day includes 3 hours of yoga, and 3-4 hours of hiking (including a silent meditation hike each morning). To ensure that you receive 3 full days, the retreat begins with an Unwind & Acclimatize class followed by a brief orientation at 5:30 pm (on Thursday May 20th or Thursday October 14th) at our Base camp (new location!). The retreat finishes at 3:00 pm (on Sunday May 23rd or Sunday October 17th), (with an option to leave at 11:00 am if you don't participate in the last hike). For those of you who have been with us in the past… We have a new, upgraded, and more secluded location. New luxury cabin accommodations, nearby mountain homes for those of you coming with your friends, and for a true nature experience, Autumn or Spring camping under the stars.
7:00 – 7:45 Peace Walk – greet each day with a silent, meditation hike through the woods. Connect deeply to nature with each conscious step, practicing mindfulness. Increase awareness, ignite your senses, and awaken your spirit. After 50 minutes we’ll arrive at our yoga shala in the woods!
7:45 - 9:30 Edge Intensive - Transformational Yoga - take your practice to a new level, challenge yourself and explore your Inner Edge with 3 progressive days of Transformational Yoga. Combining the dynamic flow or Ashtanga Yoga with yoga kriyas (cleanse and detoxify) and corework of Forrest Yoga. Move beyond boundaries to feel strong, free, and energized. Pre-requisite – This is a multi-level class with options being given to more advanced students. Students must have strength and stamina for multiple sun salutations and knowledge and understanding of Ujjayi breath. Complete beginners will find this class overwhelming. Please e-mail Dana if you have any questions on your level of experience.
9:30 Bountiful Brunch – served outside on the deck immediately after practice. Healthy and Hearty!
11:00 Hiking – our hiking program is an amazing experience. Both challenging and empowering, with hours spent breathing fresh clean air and reconnecting with nature. Each day varies in length from 3 - 4 hours. Which includes taking breaks for water, lunch and, of course, enjoying the spectacular views.
Please Note: We’ll be walking at a moderate pace at altitudes up to 8,000 feet. If you are not used to this or do not currently walk, hike or run on a regular basis, we highly recommend beginning a walking program at least two months prior to this weekend. We want this to be a pleasant experience for all. Please email us for any advice or guidance.
3:00 – 4:30 Free Time – relax & reflect.
4:30 – 6:00 Focus & Restore (Friday and Saturday only) – A mini-workshop focusing on one or two challenging postures followed by restorative yoga to balance, stretch, and deeply relax your body. The perfect way to complete the day!
6:00 Dinner – explore the village of Idyllwild and its choice of restaurants, art galleries and shops.
Meals. You'll be served a large, delicious Brunch Buffet each morning after yoga practice. A healthy, nutritious packed lunch is provided each day for hikers. Both meals are lacto-ovo vegetarian, though not necessarily low-cal. We have excluded dinner from the program so you can experience the wide variety of restaurants and cafes that Idyllwild offers and make your own choice. A list of selections is included in your joining pack.
- Luxury Cabins. Our new luxury cabins are located on a 5 acre secluded wooded property alongside a creek. This is our Base Camp location, where we will meet for our orientation, all hikes and restorative yoga. All luxury cabins include a fireplace, private deck, fridge and coffee/tea maker. The cozy cabins are perfect for couples or those wanting single accommodations. Wi-Fi is available in reception but not in the cabins themselves (although we highly recommend disconnecting for the weekend!). The luxury cabin price includes 3 night’s accommodation (arrive anytime between 2:00-5:30 pm on Thursday October 1st), all yoga classes, daily hiking, brunch, and lunch. Reserve soon if you require a single cabin as we are limited on space. The cabins are not appropriate for roommates, please see Mountain Homes below for a better option.
- Mountain Homes. If you are bringing your friends for a fun and active weekend together, we have beautiful homes to rent nearby our Base Camp in the woods. Some are within walking distance or an easy 5 min. drive. Lovely vacation homes with log cabin ambiance, full kitchens, most with 2-3 bedrooms and 1-2 baths. You can choose what works best for you, your friends and your budget. Follow the link below to reserve your mountain home for October 1st through 3rd. The homes closest to our base camp are: Pinecone Trail (closest, across the street), Bear's Den, Starlight Sanctuary, Squirrels Nest, Casa Serena, and Eagles Nest. Here is the link to reserve your Mountain Home: Mountain Home Reservations Once you have made your reservation you and your roommates can register for the retreat by selecting Own Accommodations below. This includes all yoga classes, daily hiking, brunch and lunch each day, but does not include accommodations.
- Camping. If you really want to connect with nature this weekend, then choose our camping option and sleep under a blanket of stars. Temperatures in Oct. vary from highs of mid-70's to low's of 40's so you'll need a good sleeping bag. We reserve spots nearby clean bathrooms with hot showers. Our Base Campis a 5 minute walk from the campsite.
Join us! Grab your hiking boots, yoga mat and your good friends and join us for a transformational weekend a mile high in Idyllwild! Inhale lots of fresh clean mountain air, yoga, and great company… Exhale a wonderful weekend!
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Luxury Cabin: $802 p/p
- Couple Luxury Cabin: $1280 per couple (max. 2 people)
- Camping: $420 p/p
- Bring your Friends: $385 p/p + price of Mountain Home.
Note: Deposit $250 per person to reserve.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Apr 2008
Our Company offers a program of yoga retreats in exotic locations worldwide. Taught by internationally acclaimed yoga instructor Dana Rae Pare with professionally trained assistants and guides. Active hiking and yoga weekends in the mountains of California; relaxing yoga and spa weeks in Mexico; adventure retreats in...