Kanchanaburi, River Kwai and the Death Railway: 3 Days/ 2 NightsPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 3 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 16 people
Specialty Categories: Cultural Journey Sightseeing
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 482 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 482 US Dollar (USD)
Kanchanaburi is a town in western Thailand where, during World War II, the famed Bridge on the River Kwai was built by prisoners under Japanese control. Later the site inspired a classic novel and an Academy Award-winning film, although the area looks much different today. Many war memorials are located in this town including the Jeath War Museum and the Hellfire Pass Museum with its walking trail. These sites offer chilling reminders of the price paid in human lives during this important time in history and your trip to Kanchanaburi will be both fascinating and heartfelt.
Day 1: Bangkok - Samut Songkram - River Kwai. Samut Songhkhram (80 kms) in the Mae Klong river delta is an 80 kilometer drive south of Bangkok and while there, you'll visit a unique country market and explore the maze of canals that make up Tha Kha, one of the country's famous floating markets (Note: the market is available 5-6 times per month according to the lunar-cycle calendar). You'll also be able to visit some beautiful and interesting temples before arriving at Rama II Park and later having lunch at a local restaurant. Your journey continues to Kanchanaburi with a trip to the Jeath Museum, and if time permits, a train ride on the infamous death railway line followed be dinner at a local eatery. Overnight at River Kwai Resotel. Includes: (L), (D).
Day 2: River Kwai - Kanchanaburi. Today you'll explore the Hellfire Pass Museum and trek through the canyon and its four kilometer Memorial Walking Trail. After enjoying lunch at a local restaurant, you'll visit an elephant camp and ride through the jungle and along the Kwai Yai River atop one of these enourmous beasts. Your day draws to a conclusion with a gentle bamboo raft ride before heading to your riverside hotel. Overnight at River Kwai Resotel. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 3: Kanchanaburi - Bangkok. A visit to Wat Prasat Muang Singh, a Khmer temple complex dating back to the Angkorian period, marks your last day on this journey. After walking around these peaceful historic ruins, you'll return to Bangkok via Nakhon Pathom, stopping to visit the Phra Pathom Chedi (the world's tallest structure of its kind) along the way. Includes: (B).
Note: This is simply a suggested itinerary, which can easily be customized to suit your schedule, budget, and interests. Please contact us to discuss your tailor-made travel requirements.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Accommodation at selected hotels
- Meals as mentioned (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle with English speaking guide
- Entrance fees for mentioned visits.
- Other meals than mentioned
- Other services than mentioned
- Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature.
- The price is a guideline and will vary according to travel dates and room availability. The price is based on two people traveling together during high season and sharing a twin or double room
- This price can be applied only for the hotel mentioned in the tour itinerary. Changing hotels and hotel categories will affect the tour price
- For an accurate quotation please send an inquiry again.