Heart of the Delta, Myanmar 4 Days/3 NightsPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 4 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 16 people
Specialty Categories: Cultural Journey
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 625 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 625 US Dollar (USD)
Day 1: Yangon: Upon arrival at Yangon International Airport, you will be welcomed by our tour guide and transfered to your hotel. Enjoy your morning at your leisure. In the afternoon, cross the Yangon River by local boat, called a sampan, to the village known as Ah Latt Chaung (literally, ‘other side of the Yangon'). There is a dramatic difference in the life of the people in this resettlement village and those across the river in Yangon. Visit a clinic founded with the cooperation and supervision of our company in Myanmar, and meet with locals at a teashop. Cross back to Yangon in the early evening. Overnight at Summit Parkview Hotel, Yangon.
Day 2: Yangon - Pyarpon: Your trip to the delta begins with a scenic drive to Pyarpon, the area hardest hit by Cyclone Nargis during disaster. After lunch, take a three hour boat ride to Shwe Taung Su and Lay Ein Tan villages. Your guide will help translate as you wander around the village, meeting and chatting with village elders. The welcoming smiles and genuine gratitude of these people make for a heart-warming change from the shadows of disaster. Return to Pyarpon for dinner. Overnight in Pyarpon. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 3: Pyarpon - Yangon: After breakfast, your day begins with a visit to Pyarpon's local market with its colorful shops and street stalls. Then, drive to Thamein Htaw Kon Tan village, situated an hour away from Pyarpon. Here you will see the Monastic Primary School where local people are learning techniques to restart their lives after Nargis. It is like the coming of dawn in delta region; with high hopes and big dreams, the people are truly optimistic about their future. Return via Pyarpon to Yangon for your overnight stay. Overnight at Summit Park View, Yangon. Includes: (B), (L).
Day 4: Departure Yangon: After breakfast, enjoy for a city tour of the former capital. Walk around the downtown streets filled with faded colonial atmosphere, the busy India Town and Chinatown areas, and peruse the local handicrafts on sale at Bogyoke Market, formerly Scott Market. The rest of the day is at your leisure until transferring to the airport for your onward flight. Includes: (B).
Notes: The price is a guideline and will vary according to travel dates and room availability. The price is based on two people traveling together during high season and sharing a twin or double room.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Accommodation at selected hotels
- Meals as mentioned
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle with English speaking throughout guide. For Delta, transferred with Hiace
- Permission fees for Delta
- Excursion by local boat to Shwe Taungsu and Lay Ein tan villages in Delta
- Ferry boat fare (Sampan), your visit to Ah Latt Chaung village
- Entrance fees for mentioned visits:
* Yangon: Sule pagoda, Shwedagon pagoda.
- International ticket to/from Yangon
- Meals other than mentioned
- Visa arrangements for Myanmar
- Visits not mentioned in the program
- Drinks and personal expenses
- Tips and porters at the hotels
- International airport departure tax Yangon (USD 10/pax at present)
- Any other items not mentioned.