Sri Lanka Cultural Vacation (7 Days)offered by supplier M17033 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 8 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 6 people
Destination(s): Sri Lanka
Specialty Categories: Cultural Journey
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 520 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1390 US Dollar (USD)
Day 1: Airport - Negombo - Sigiriya.
Arrival, welcome and assistance at the airport leave for Sigiriya En-route visit Negombo. It is largely Roman Catholic by faith, with huge imposing churches down almost every street. The sea and the catamarans are the backdrop to the Negombo scenery. Visit Sigiriya located in the north-central part of Sri Lanka, preserves the architectural tradition of the country. The town is famous for its Rock, Gardens and Sanctuary. Sigiriya has spectacular importance in Sri Lanka. An ancient palace complex, erected during the reign of King Kasyapa, has been declared by UNESCO a world heritage site.Overnight at hotel.
Day 2: Polonnaruwa - Medirigiriya.
After breakfast get ready for an excursion to Polonnaruwa, the second ancient capital city for three centuries, it is a site which cannot be missed in Sri Lanka with many well preserved ruins of palaces and monasteries. In the late afternoon visit Medirigiriya. The Medirigiriya Vatadage is on a high circular stage. It has three concentric circles of pillars (with the same center) and a decorated stone wall about three and a half feet high. Return to the hotel for an overnight stay with dinner.
Day 3: Anuradhapura - Mihintale.
After breakfast excursion to Anuradhapura and visit the ruins of the first capital founded in the 05th century BC. It is known to have the largest number of ancient monuments of a great civilization. World Heritage city Anuradhapura, in picturesque ruins, was once a major center of SriLankan civilization. In the afternoon visit Mihintale and Later on return back to your hotel for overnight stay.
Day 4: Dambulla - Nalanda Gedige - Matale - Kandy.
After breakfast leave for Kandy En-route visit Dambulla. In Sri Lankan history, the Dambulla cave complex dates back to 3rd and 2nd centuries B.C. Even before the making of the complex it was well established as one of the largest monasteries in Sri Lanka. The Dambulla caves have been declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. The area is also known for bird watching, next visit Nalanda Gedige the Abu Simbel of Sri Lanka. Nalanda Gedige is one out of a number of remarkable archaeological sites in Sri Lanka, on the way to Kandy visit a spice garden and a batik factory in Matale. In the evening arrive at the hotel in Kandy. Also known as the center of traditional arts in Sri Lanka visit the temple of the sacred tooth relic of Buddha. Return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 5: Kandy - Peradeniya - Nuwara Eliya.
After breakfast visit the royal botanical gardens of Peradeniya which is well known for its large variety of plants the garden is best known for its collection of orchids which is the largest in Asia. At P.M. leave for Nuwara Eliya the center of the hill country, en-route visit a tea plantation and witness the manufacture of the world famous Ceylon tea. Gregory Lake is one of the most attractive locations in Nuwara Eliya. Enjoy the view at Shanthipura (the city view point) and spend the evening walking in the cool climate and later on arrive at the hotel for the overnight stay.
Day 6: Nuwara Eliya - Ella - Buduruwagala - Yala.
After breakfast leave for the Tissamaharama region stop at Ella to admire the magnificent view. Then visit Buduruwagala, the term Buduruwagala means the ”rock with the statue of Buddha” and this is exactly what it is. The rock is formed into the shape of a kneeling elephant. The statues date back to 10 century A.D. Get ready for a safari in the Yala National Park and enjoy the wilderness as you cruise around in a jeep. The breathtaking view of the wild elephants are undoubtedly the best known attraction at Yala, seen in small and large herds. The park is also known for herds of spotted deer which are found all over the park. Monkeys like the Pinkish Rhesus and the Grey-faced Langur live and play on the tree-tops and the ground below. The other animals like Wild buffalo and wild boar would startle you with their presence and the sight of a leopard sunning itself or drinking water at a water hole could be a memorable experience. Later on arrive at the hotel for overnight stay.
Day 7: Weligama - Galle - Colombo.
After breakfast leave for Galle, en route view the stilt fisherman of Weligama as they fish, then visit the Old Portuguese fort, later rebuilt and extended by the Dutch. It is still well preserved. Most of the administration in Galle still takes place from the Fort . The view from the ramparts is superb. A well-known fact of the Galle Fort is it being a World Heritage site and the largest remaining fortress built in Asia by European colonists. The journey then progresses towards Colombo. At P.M. visit the fascinating city of Colombo which links the past with the present. You will visit the Fort area, the commercial center, Pettah Colombo’s bustling bazaar area, a cinnamon garden which is a large residential complex. Later on return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 8: Colombo - Airport.
After breakfast transfer to the airport to connect to your flight for departure. Rooms till 12h in the afternoon.
Supplemental Tour Information:
Contact us for more information!
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- All entrance fees as per program to be paid directly in Sri Lanka Rupees and it will cost around USD 174 per person. Please change foreign currency in to SLRS at the airport after customs, there are many 24hrs bank counters at the airport as all these payments have to be made only in SLRS. No credit card payments are accepted at these historical sites. (Entrance fees are subject to change, rates are as applicable at the moment – Children under 12 years will be charged a half rate in some places.)
- Personal spending (tips, laundry, mini bar, telephone, fax, beverages etc.)
- The rights to use video cameras at sites – most places they are free when you pay the entrance fees except at Kandy Tooth Temple and
Pinnawela Elephant orphanage there are extra charges for Video camera’s only USD 05 per Video Camera per location.
- Medical expenses, travel insurance, international flights.
- Sri Lanka visa charges, USD 35 per person for NON SAARC countries and USD 20 for SAARC countries, can be obtained directly via the internet. The process is not complicated if you have any difficulty we could make arrangements for same too in 48hrs to obtain same if details are provided to us by mail. The process is very simple payments can be paid online and with the confirmation document print out and code you have to submit passport on arrival only. The passport has to be valid for six months from the day of arrival return air tickets and sufficient funds or reservations for the holiday should be with you. Children under 12 years travelling with parent’s visas will be free on arrival. All others have to obtain a visit visa except for Singaporean and Maldivian passport holders who will be provided free visas on arrival.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Sep 2007
It is with great pleasure that we welcome you to Our Company! We do not say we are the best we just say "Try Us" others may claim it but we stake our reputation on it for tours in Sri Lanka, Maldives & India.We are members of PATA & ASTA prominent International Travel Associations recognized all over...