4 Days Cultural Vacation in Sri Lankaoffered by supplier M17033 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 4 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 6 people
Destination(s): Sri Lanka
Specialty Categories: Cultural Journey
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 230 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 560 US Dollar (USD)
Day 1: Airport - Pinnawela - Kandy.
On arrival, you will be welcomed and assisted at the airport. Leave for Kandy en route visit the Pinnawela elephant orphanage. The orphanage was established to feed, nurse & house young elephants abandoned by their mothers. The young ones often fall into pits and ravines in their quest for water during the drought period. At P.M. visit the city of Kandy. The most famous landmark of Kandy is its lake, in the center of the city. Visit the Kandy museum. Late in the evening, view the Kandyan cultural performance. The center of the traditional arts in Sri Lanka, lastly visit the temple of the sacred tooth relic of the Buddha. Rest at the hotel overnight.
Day 2: Kandy - Peradeniya - Matale - Nalanda Gedige - Sigiriya.
After breakfast visit the Royal botanical gardens of Peradeniya which is well known for its large variety of plants. The garden is best known for its collection of orchids, the largest in Asia. Continuation to the cultural triangle zone. En route visit a spice garden and a batik factory in Matale. You can visit Nalanda Gedige the Abu Simbel of Sri Lanka too. The final visit of the second day ends at Polonnaruwa, the second ancient capital city for three centuries. It is one of the most interesting places in Sri Lanka with many well preserved ruins of palaces and monasteries which can leave a lasting impression. Stay overnight at the hotel.
Day 3: Sigiriya - Dambulla - Colombo.
After breakfast leave to Colombo, on the way visit Sigiriya, located in the north-central part of Sri Lanka, preserves the architectural tradition of the country. The town is famous for its Rock, Gardens and Sanctuary. Sigiriya gardens are the amalgamation of symmetrical and asymmetrical elements. Many experienced tourists call Sigiriya the most favorable place in Sri Lanka to visit. The Rock of Sigiriya is also known as the Lion’s Rock. Paintings of bare-breasted women were done over 1500 years ago. The Frescos in Sigiriya Rock are world famous. En-route visit Dambulla. In Sri Lankan history the Dambulla cave complex dates back to the 3rd and 2nd centuries B.C. The Dambulla caves have been declared a world heritage site by UNESCO. It is also known for bird watching. Visit the fascinating city of Colombo which links the past with the present. You will visit the Fort area, the commercial center Pettah which is Colombo’s bustling bazaar area, a cinnamon garden which is full of large residences. Colombo is the commercial capital of Sri Lanka and the largest city. Stay overnight at the hotel.
Day 4: Colombo - Airport.
Breakfast at hotel transfer to the airport to connect flight for departure or extension beach stay. Check out 12:00.
Supplemental Tour Information:
If required we can modify the program to have the last night in a beach hotel south of Colombo or in Negombo area; then proceed to the airport. Any other modifications to the program can be arranged as per individual preferences.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- All rates quoted are in US Dollars & net per person inclusive of all applicable taxes.
- Every two persons sharing a double or twin room at mentioned properties or similar.
- Welcomed at the airport by our representative.
- Check-in and Check-out 12h00.
- Three nights on bed and breakfast basis (breakfast only).
- Air-conditioned private vehicle with an English speaking chauffeur will be provided (Private Tour).
- No vehicle will be provided on any free days if any (as per program).
- Fuel and local assurance for vehicle and passengers while travelling included.
- The chauffeur will look after his meals and accommodation by himself.
- Basic Jeep to visit reserve included for a half day – (Entrance fees for the reserve to be paid directly by clients). If for any reason the mentioned reserve is closed we shall make arrangements to visit another reserve.
- All entrance fees as per program to be paid directly in Sri Lanka Rupees and it will cost around USD 121 per person. Please change foreign currency in to SLRS at the airport after customs, there are many 24hrs bank counters at the airport as all these payments have to be made only in SLRS. No credit card payments are accepted at these historical sites. (Entrance fees are subject to change, rates are as applicable at the moment – Children under 12 years will be charged a half rate in some places.)
- Personal spending (tips, laundry, mini bar, telephone, fax, beverages etc.)
- The rights to use video cameras at sites – most places they are free when you pay the entrance fees except at Kandy Tooth Temple and Pinnawela Elephant orphanage there are extra charges for Video camera’s only USD 05 per Video Camera per location.
- Medical expenses, travel insurance, international flights.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Sep 2007
It is with great pleasure that we welcome you to Our Company! We do not say we are the best we just say "Try Us" others may claim it but we stake our reputation on it for tours in Sri Lanka, Maldives & India.We are members of PATA & ASTA prominent International Travel Associations recognized all over...