Peninsula ValdesPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 4 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 6 people
Specialty Categories: Wildlife Viewing Marine Biology
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 480 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1989 US Dollar (USD)
Day 1 – Puerto Madryn
• Upon arrival, you will be taken to your hotel leaving you the remainder of the day to enjoy the coastal town and possibly catch your first glimpse of the whales passing by.
Day 2 – Puerto Madryn: Peninsula Valdes
• After breakfast you will be led on a full day's tour of the Valdes Peninsula. To enter this UNESCO World Heritage site, you will cross an incredibly narrow strip of land with sea on both sides. Further along you will arrive at Caleta Valdes, a large natural creek that is home to a colony of sea elephants. After admiring Caleta Valdes you'll continue along the road as it drops suddenly down into a crescent of golden cliffs overlooking a bright blue bay and the small village of Puerto Piramides. Here herds of southern right whales tend to arrive in late June. You can take a boat trip around the bay and watch these immense creatures gliding past. While the whales may be seen from late June to mid December, the sea elephants and sea lions are permanent residents. Following your tour you will return to your hotel in Puerto Madryn.
Day 3 – Puerto Madryn: Penguins in Punta Tombo
• After a leisurely breakfast you will leave Puerto Madryn and drive 120km south to visit the largest colony of Magellan penguins in South America. The colony's population reaches over half a million birds during the peak season, and the best time to visit is between October and April. One of the greatest features of this reserve is the fact that you can literally walk among the penguins and observe their habits. You'll have the opportunity to see how they feed their babies, defend their territory, build their nests, and of course watch their characteristic comedy waddle in and out of the sea. Following the tour you will head to Trelew in order to visit the Egidio Feruglio Paleontology Museum, before continuing to the charming Welsh town of Gaiman for afternoon tea and Welsh delicacies. You will then return to your hotel in Puerto Madryn just in time to enjoy the sunset.
Day 4 – Puerto Madryn
• At appropriate time, you will be transferred to the airport or bus terminal, regular service. Today, you can choose to extent your travels purchasing any of our available offers in the rest of Patagonia or Buenos Aires.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
* All Transfers.
* 3-Night Accommodation.
* Described tours.
* Bilingual guide (English / Spanish).
* Flights or Buses.
* Parks or Reserves entrance fees.