El Calafate and El Chalten, Discovering Glaciers and Trekking The Fitz RoyPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 6 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 6 people
Specialty Categories: Hiking & Trekking Glacier Tours
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 419 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 2325 US Dollar (USD)
Day 1 – El Calafate
• Upon arrival you will be taken to the hotel and have the rest of the day to relax or explore the areas around the town or possible make the 1km hike out to Laguna Nimez for a beautiful Patagonian sunset.
Day 2 – El Calafate: Perito Moreno Glacier
• After an early breakfast, you will leave on a full day excursion to Perito Moreno Glacier, in Los Glaciers National Park. A UNESCO World Heritage site since 1981 and home to one of the most awe inspiring sites in Argentina, Perito Moreno Glacier is a site to behold. During the tour you will have the chance to enjoy stunning views of the glacier from the nearby walking trail and viewing platforms, as well as from an included Perito Moreno Glacier boat cruise that will take you close enough to fully appreciate the 80m high ice walls! In the early evening, you will return to you hotel in Calafate.
• For even more adventure, you may want to consider either taking the Big Ice or Mini-Trekking excursion ( at an extra cost ). Both allow you to hike on the glacier!! Ask Say Hueque´s travel advisor for more information.
Day 3 – El Calafate / El Chalten
• Breakfast. Arriving at the bus station you will depart for El Chalten in the morning. Upon arrival you will make your way to your hotel and have the rest of the day at leisure to explore the region. (In El Calafate a taxi will cost roughly U$ 4.- to get to the bus station. In El Chalten most of the hotels are within a few blocks of the bus station, but if you prefer to take a taxi or remise, you can take it once in the bus terminal and they will cost you aprox U$ 5.-)
Day 4 – El Chalten
• Breakfast. Day at leisure to enjoy one of many self guided treks. The trails are all well-marked and maintained. We recommend that you do the full-day hikes to Mount Fitz Roy (where the view of Laguna de los Tres is unforgettable) or Mount Torre. We will provide you with all the trekking information you may require.
Day 5 – El Chalten / El Calafate
• Breakfast. Day at leisure to enjoy any of the self guided treks in the area.
• In the afternoon you will board your bus back to El Calafate. Upon arrival you will make you way from the bus station to your hotel. (In El Calafate a taxi will cost roughly $4 to get from the bus station to your hotel.)
Day 6 – El Calafate
• At appropriate time, you will be transferred to the airport or bus terminal. Today, you can choose to extent your travels purchasing any of our available offers in the rest of Patagonia or Buenos Aires.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- All Transfers
- 6-Night Accommodation
- Described tours
- Bilingual guide (English / Spanish)
- Round trip bus El Calafate / El Chalten / El Calafate.
- Flights or Buses
- Parks or Reserves entrance fees
- Guides during your days at leisure in El Chalten.