Gates of the Arctic Caribou Cabin with Wild and Scenic Floatoffered by supplier M14996 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 4 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 6 people
Specialty Categories: Wildlife Viewing
Season: July - August
Airfare Included: Yes
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 1495 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1595 US Dollar (USD)
Immerse yourself in Alaskan experiences by combining a stay at our lodge with a visit to one of our privately owned wilderness cabins in the Gates of the Arctic National Park. See the Western Arctic Caribou Herd migrating through the blazing fall colors and watch the Northern Lights dance overhead from the warmth of your bed. These vacation destinations are for adventurous, independent travelers who want to experience Alaska’s wilderness knowing a warm cabin and a hot meal are at the end of each day’s hiking.
A 50-minute flight brings you 100 miles north of our lodge to Nature's Crossroads - the Continental Divide. Experience the incredible vastness of open tundra as you journey above tree line into the land of the caribou. August offers a chance to see the Western Arctic Caribou Herd migrating through the blazing fall colors.
The Gates of the Arctic Caribou Cabin is a snug three-room ranch house built out of cedar logs with a panoramic view of the Alatna Valley. It accommodates two per room with a separate cookhouse, bathhouse and privy out back. A wood stove and thermostat-controlled heating system warms cool August nights, while a wind-powered generator brings light into each room. This is the only destination of its kind in Alaska which combines the incredible vastness of open tundra with the comfort of a crackling wood stove and gourmet meals. Situated far above timberline, even firewood must make a 100-mile journey.
A day’s hiking starts with a big breakfast, hot coffee and fresh, homemade bread. No freeze-dried food at this table. A selection of delicious dinners and desserts are prepared at our lodge and customized to accompany each trip.
We provide for every fitness level and adjust all services to individual needs. While it is possible to make a day’s hike of 8-10 miles, the openness of the tundra region allows for incredible wildlife viewing right off the porch.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Airfare is included in the tour price.
- Our all-inclusive rates start at $1495.00 per person, per day, featuring all meals, lodging, activities, use of equipment and naturalist-guide with your group for the duration of your stay.
- Round-trip air transportation from Fairbanks included. Two-night, all-inclusive stay at Iniakuk Lake Wilderness Lodge, two nights at the Gates of the Arctic Caribou Cabin with Wild and Scenic Float features lodging, meals, and naturalist-guide with your group for the duration of your stay.
- Round-trip air transportation from Fairbanks to our lodge, the Gates of the Arctic Caribou Cabin and Wild and Scenic Float included.
- The total tour cost required to confirm each reservation is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- We accept Visa/MasterCard, personal and Traveler's checks for direct bookings.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Sep 2006
An exclusive luxury wilderness lodge catering to a clientele seeking elegance and independence in Alaska's Far North. The total wilderness experience consists of unparalleled comfort 60 miles north of the Arctic Circle, privately-chartered fly-out Whirlwind Adventure combination tours, wildlife viewing, fishing,...