Salta and Jujuy/Best of NorthwestPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 5 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 6 people
Specialty Categories: Sightseeing
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 541 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1420 US Dollar (USD)
Day 1 – Salta
• Upon arrival in Salta, you will be transferred to your hotel leaving you the afternoon to explore the city. We highly recommend walking around the beautiful colonial center dating back to 1582, and trying some delicious northern Argentine food such as locro and Salta’s famous empanadas.
Day 2 – Safari to the Clouds – Salt Flats - Purmamarca
o Breakfast. Departing in the morning we will travel along the same route as the famous Train to the Clouds, zigzagging on lonely roads between the blue sky and the high desert plains. On our way, we will visit historic ruins, scattered houses, small villages and amazing landscapes.
o Our first destination is the small town of Campo Quijano and later the impressive Quebrada del Toro, where we will stop for a refreshing coffee break after some stunning viewpoints. From here, we will visit Santa Rosa de Tastil, a pre-Incan city of the XIII century for an easy hike through this ancient archeological site. After, we visit San Antonio de los Cobres, one of the smallest villages in the region- en route to the surreal landscape of the Great Salt Flats. The Great Salt Flats are perfect for amateur and professional photographers alike- where the natural light and reflections provide ample opportunities to test your creativity to the fullest. Finally, later in the afternoon we will arrive to our comfortable hotel in Purmamarca, located at the base of Jujuy´s famed 7-colored mountain. Overnight in Purmamarca.
Day 3 – Humahuaca Gorge, Salta & Jujuy
• After breakfast, you will depart early in the morning for a tour along the Humahuaca Gorge, declared a UNESCO Heritage Site. You will visit places such as Maimará, “Paleta del Pintor”, Tilcara, Runa Arqueológica “El Pucará de Tilcara”, Huacalera, Trópico de Capricornio, Uquía (Pinturas Cuzqueñas) and finally, the small town of Humahuaca before returning to Salta.
Day 4 – Salta
• Day at leisure to enjoy any of the available Optional Tours around Salta. We recommend visiting the wineries in Cafayate or an afternoon of horseback riding.
Day 5 – Salta
• At appropriate time, you will be transferred to the airport or bus terminal, regular service. Today, you can choose to extent your travels purchasing any of our available offers in Buenos Aires, Iguazu Falls or the rest of the Andes area.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- All transfers
- 4-night accommodation
- Described tours
- Bilingual guide (English/Spanish).
- Flights or buses
- Parks or Reserves entrance fees.