Fly and Hike, 3 Days Wildlife Viewing in Gran Paradiso National Park: Chamois, Ibex and Marmotoffered by supplier M14290 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 3 day(s)
Group Size: 8 - 15 people
Specialty Categories: National Parks Wildlife Viewing
Season: June - September
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 269 Euro (EUR)
Maximum Per Person Price: 269 Euro (EUR)
Day 1: Meeting Place - Valnontey parking at 11:30 a.m. From this typical Italian village, height 5564 feet, we follow the easy mule path going up to Vittorio Sella hut, through nice larch trees forests. After one hour walking, we have picnic at the old mountain pasture of Toule, where, maybe, we will see the first chamois of the day. In the afternoon, going up close to the waterfalls of Gran Lauson torrent, the footpath leads us to Vittorio Sella hut, height 8478 feet, built below the first slopes of Gran Serraz and Lauson peaks. After settling in the hut, we have a short walk in the surrounding area to approach ibexes and marmots. Night by the hut. Duration of the stage is 3 hours. Difference of level is 2914 feet up, 0 feet down.
Day 2: With light back-packs, walk to the areas of Lauson's pass and Rousse pass, where we have the best chances to approach the ibexes herds. Observation and photography. We will come back to Vittorio Sella hut by the end of the afternoon. Night by the hut. Duration of the stage is between 2 and 4 hours. Difference of level is between 1000 and 2000 feet up, idem down.
Day 3: We follow the nearly horizontal path of Herbetet, a superb route dominating the Val Nontey, facing "Coupé di money" and Tribolazione glaciers. The path goes along Lauson lake, and the old mountain pastures of Pian di Ressello and Herbetet, where we have good chances to approach marmots and ibexes. Descent to Erfaulet bridge, where we may see chamois. Picnic, and descent through Val Nontey forests till Valnontey parking. Duration of the stage is 5 hours. Difference of level is 1050 feet up, 3963 feet down.
- Meeting at Valnontey parking (on your right when entering the mountain village) at 11:30 a.m. on the first day. Separation at Valnontey parking by mid-afternoon on the third day. Free round trip shuttle from Geneva airport for the five first participants registered, contact us for further information: choose a flight landing in Geneva before 8:30 a.m. on Friday, and taking off after 8:00 p.m. on Sunday.
- If you arrive in Geneva airport on the preceding day of the tour, we propose you a night in a motel close to Geneva airport, for 60 EUR extra charge, with free welcome in Geneva airport, and free transfer to your motel. Contact us for further information.
- Access by car to Valnontey, starting point of the tour: from Chamonix, drive to Italy through the Mont-Blanc tunnel. In Courmayeur's valley, take the motorway till Aosta exit. Then follow the direction "Cogne". When you will enter Cogne, you will find on your right the road to Valnontey parking.
- Separation at Valnontey parking by mid-afternoon. Your mountain guide will do everything possible to make this tour being a success. But, in high altitude, exceptional risks may exist: storms, fog. Your guide, responsible for your life, may change the program of this tour for your safety.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Guiding by a mountain guide, and all his expenses (food, lodgings, transfers)
- The following group equipment:
* Radio linked to the relief organization
* Survival blanket
- Free round trip shuttle from Geneva airport for the five first participants registered
- The reservation of the places in Vittorio Sella mountain hut
- Lodging and half-board in Vittorio Sella mountain hut from the first day dinner included the third day breakfast included (dinner and breakfast are prepared and served by the hut-keepers).
- Optional insurances Generali/Europe Assistance
- Lunch (picnics)
- Drinks in the hut
- Personal expenses
- Personal equipment required for this tour
- Transfer from your residence to Valnontey, and from Valnontey to your residence
- All the expenses not indicated in the paragraph "Price Includes".
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Apr 2006
The company was created in 1995 by Marc Démolis, IFMGA Mountain Guide from Chamonix. Ranging among the most experienced teams of IFMGA, our Mountain Guides are not only skilled professionals and teachers, but also passionately fond of the peaks, sites and countries where they will take you off. Selected for their...