Majestic KerryPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 8 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 8 people
Specialty Categories: Walking Tours
Season: June - September
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 1975 Euro (EUR)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1975 Euro (EUR)
- June: 11
- July: 16
- Aug: 13
- Sept: 10.
- The Dingle Peninsula boasts the highest concentration of archaeological sites in Ireland
- Spectacular coastal walks along Dingle Bay
- The fishing village of Dingle with it’s 50 pubs, craft shops, restaurants and Fungi the Dolphin
- Boat trip to World Heritage site, Great Skellig Island (habited 8th century by Irish monks)
- Pass the worlds largest Gannet colony on Little Skellig island
- Killarney National Park - Muckross Friary (15th century), Muckross House (19th century) and Gardens, habitat of the native Irish Red Deer
- Boat trip through the Lakes of Killarney
- Irish music, song and dance.
Day 1: Arrival in Dingle. Dingle is a harbour town, once fortified and seeped in history. Ryan’s Daughter was filmed in the area 30 years ago. The town also is the gateway to the Gaeltacht, where Gaelic is the first language. Overnight in Dingle (3 nights). Options for afternoon: Boat trip in Dingle Harbour to see Fungi, the friendly dolphin. Harbour walk to Hussey’s Folly; Visit to Ocean World marine centre; Stroll through historic Dingle and visit the numerous craft shops, pubs and restaurants.
Day 2: The Dingle Way. Gaeltacht walk from Ventry Harbour (site of an ancient battle which folklore says lasted a year and a day), along the slopes of Mount Eagle to dramatic Slea Head and Dunquin (“the nearest parish to America”). Detour to visit Dunbeg pre-historic fort and other archaeological sites. Visit local pottery. Coach trip back to Dingle can include visits to early Christian sites - Reask and Gallarus.
Distance: 6 miles
Ascent: 600 ft
Day 3: Mount Brandon Area. Coach trip through scenic Connor Pass. Return to Dingle by old walking path over the Brandon Range through Mullaghaveal. This may have been used as the route to the workhouse in famine times.
Distance: 3-7 miles
Ascent: 825 ft
Day 4: Transfer/Beach Walk. Coach transfer along northern and southern shores of Dingle Bay and continuing on the renowned coaching route, the Ring of Kerry to Sneem. Mid-day break and walk on Rossbeigh Beach. Overnight in Portmagee (2 nights).
Day 5: Great Skellig Island. We take a boat trip to a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the monastic island of Sceilg Mhichíl, (Great Skellig Island), habited in 8th century by Irish monks. We pass the worlds largest Gannet colony on Little Skellig island. Overnight Portmagee. Alternative. If weather conditions are unsuitable we will walk on Valentia island.
Distance: 1.6km / 1miles (steep)
Ascent: 180m / 600ft
Day 6: Killarney National Park (Half Day). Morning – Transfer to Killarney. Visit the ruins of Muckross Friary and Muckross House and gardens. Discover the unique flora and fauna of the parkland; perhaps see some of the last remaining Irish Red Deer. Lunch in the Muckross House Tea rooms. Transfer into Killarney via jaunting car. Afternoon – free for shopping and general sightseeing in Killarney. Evening – after dinner enjoy an evening of traditional music in Molly Darcy’s Pub. Overnight in Killarney.
Day 7: Boat Trip through the Three Lakes of Killarney. The boat trip is by the traditional 12 passenger open wooden boats, and takes approximately 2 hours. This is followed by a 6 mile walk through the dramatically ice carved gorge of the Gap of Dunloe. Finish the day with an Irish Coffee in Kate Kearney’s Cottage.
Distance: 6.5 miles / 11km
Ascent: 640ft / 200m.
Other non-walking options: Travel by boat and return the same way to Killarney. Time to visit Ross Castle (15th Century, recently restored), shopping in Killarney. After the boat trip get a jarvey car and ride through the Gap of Dunloe. Farewell Dinner. Overnight in Killarney.
Day 8: Departure.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- €1975 p/p on a twin-sharing basis
- Single Supplement: €400 for the week.
- Transfer from/to to Kerry and Shannon Airports for a small supplement
- 7 nights accommodation, with en-suite facilities
- 7 full Irish breakfasts
- 6 packed lunches
- 7 four course gourmet dinners
- Expert local guide
- Notes and maps
- Luggage transfer
- Boat Trip to the Skelligs (Day 5)
- Jaunting Car trip from Muckross House to Killarney (Day 6)
- Boat trip through the Lakes of Killarney (Day 7).