Connemara, the Aran Islands & the BurrenPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 8 day(s)
Group Size: 6 - 14 people
Specialty Categories: Walking Tours
Season: May - October
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 865 Euro (EUR)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1155 Euro (EUR)
- May: 21
- June: 18
- Aug: 20
- Sept: 17
- Cliffs of Moher
- Flight over west coast of Ireland to Aran Islands
- Visit to prehistoric fort of Dun Aengus on Aran Islands
- The internationally renowned karst limestone habitat of the Burren
- Connemara’s lake dotted bog land, mountains and seascape
- The vibrant city of Galway – the capital of the west of Ireland
- Irish music and dance.
Day 1: Arrival. Arrival at accommodation in Lisdoonvarna, renowned for traditional Irish music. Dinner and briefing. Overnight in Lisdoonvarna (3 nights).
Day 2: The Cliffs of Moher & Atlantic Coast. A gentle walk by the Atlantic Coast will be offered, to allow you to explore the countryside while introducing yourself to Irish walking.
Distance: 4 miles/6.5 km.
Day 3: The Burren. The Burren is a unique internationally important habitat. You can explore it through a combination of walking on green roads and traversing of the karst limestone pavements, interspersed with rare arctic and alpine flowers.
Distance: 13km / 8miles
Ascent: 275m / 900ft
Day 4: Roundstone. Enjoy the views of the island dotted Atlantic coastline and the Clifden bog from Errisbeg, a small mountain behind the village of Roundstone. Overnight in Connemara (2 nights).
Distance: 11km / 6 miles
Ascent: 350m / 1,150 ft
Day 5: The Connemara Coast. Walk along the shore of Killary Harbour – Ireland’s only fjord. A ten-mile walk on the ‘Famine Trail’ through Connemara mountain scenery – lake dotted bog land rich in flora.
Distance: 16km / 10miles
Ascent: little or none
Day 6: Free Day. Transfer to the vibrant city of Galway – the capital city of the west of Ireland.
Day 7: The Aran Islands – Dún Aonghusa. Short flight over the dramatic west coast of Ireland to the Gaelic (Irish) speaking Aran Islands. Visit archaeological sites including the pre-historic fort, Dún Aonghasa and Poll na bPéist (worm hole), all set in a stony landscape from which a living was laboriously wrenched.
Distance: up to 21km / 13 miles
Ascent: little or none
Day 8: Departure. Departure after your last hot cooked Irish breakfast.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- For the 5 nights package: €865 p/p sharing
- For the 7 nights package: €1155 p/p sharing
- Single Supplement: €210 for 7 nights.
- Accommodation based on two adults sharing in Irish Tourist Board approved 3 star hotels and guesthouse
- 5 hot cooked Irish Breakfasts
- 2 Buffet Breakfasts
- Six packed lunches
- Six Dinners
- Experienced guide throughout itinerary
- Luggage transfers
- Return flight to the Aran Islands.