Rara Lake Botanical Trekoffered by supplier M18918 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 17 - 22 day(s)
Group Size: 4 - 14 people
Specialty Categories: Wildlife Viewing National Parks
Season: February - April
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 2465 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 2665 US Dollar (USD)
- Area: 106 sq. km.
- Established: 1976
- Location: Rara National Park is situated in the high mountains of North-west Nepal.
- Features: Rara National Park is the smallest park in Nepal, containing the country’s biggest lake (10.8 sq. km.) at an elevation of 2,990m. The park’s elevation ranges from 2,800m to 4,039m.
The forests are mostly composed of coniferous trees. The area around the lake is dominated by blue pine, black juniper, and West Himalayan spruce, oak and Himalayan cypress. At about 3350m, pine and spruce give way to fir, oak and birch trees. Deciduous tree species like Indian horse chestnut, walnut and Himalayan popular are also found.
A small portion of the park serves as an ideal habitat for the endangered musk deer. Other animals found in the park include Himalayan black bear, leopard, goral, Himalayan tahr and wild boar. Snow trout is the only fish species recorded in the lake. Resident Gallinaceous birds and migrant waterfowl are found at the lake. The great-crested grebe, black-necked grebe and red-crested pochard are seen during the winter. Other common birds are the snow-cock, chukor partridge, Impeyan pheasant (danphe), kalij pheasant and blood pheasant.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu, hotel transfer.
Day 2: Sightseeing in Kathmandu.
Day 3: Flight to Nepalganj overnight in Nepalganj in lodge.
Day 4: flight from Nepalganj to Jumla trek to Padmora (2900m).
Day 5: Trek Padmora to Danphe (3230m) via Khari Langa pass (3550).
Day 6: Trek to Kabre (2900m).
Day 7: Trek to Rara Park border (bhulbule).
Day 8: Trek bhulbule rara lake (2980m).
Day 9: Explore Rara Lake.
Day 10: Explore Rara Lake.
Day 11: Trek via Jhyari to river camp (2630m).
Day 12: Trek via Ghurchi Lagna pass (3450m to chautha (2770m).
Day 13: Trek to Tharamara (3280m).
Day 14: Trek Tharamar to Jumla (2370m).
Day 15: Flight back to Nepalganj, afternoon towards Kathmandu.
Day 16: Visit Kathmandu.
Day 17: Departure.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Air ticket to and from Kathmandu-Nepalgunj- Jumla
- 4 nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
- Lodge accommodation in Nepalganj
- Tent/lodge & family stay on trek
- Fee of local botanist if needed
- En english speaking guide
- Trekking permit and national parks entry fees
- Supporting staff and porters
- Cooking utensil and fuels-
- Tents and mattresses
- Necessary foods supply during trek
- Insurance for trekking staff.
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Monument enter fee in Kathmandu
- Alcoholic drinks, and Bottled water during trek
- Personal nature expenses
- Tipping for trekking staff.
* If the group size is large(+9), special discount will be provided.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Nov 2008
The owner of the M18918 has an extensive knowledge in the field of Adventure travel throughout Nepal Tibet and Bhutan, Bijay, a native-born Gorkhan have been a travel consultant, mountain and trekking guide in Nepal for many years. Since 1995 Bijay has been leading many groups and provided as well as has shown his...