Tamang Heritage Trail (Nepal)offered by supplier M18918 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 12 - 14 day(s)
Group Size: 4 - 14 people
Specialty Categories: Hiking & Trekking
Season: February - November
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 975 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1135 US Dollar (USD)
The inhabitants of the Langtang Valley are thought to be descendants of Tibetans from Kerung are of the Tamang ethnic group but a marked influence of Tibetan culture and tradition is noticed in their lifestyle closely resembling that of most Tibetan villages, their culture goes back to hundreds of years, The craftsmanship, dress, traditionally built stone houses, and the beautifully carved wooden porches reflect their rich Himalayan heritage.
They are mainly sheep and yak herders, but grow some hardy grains and vegetables. The daily life of the villagers includes raising livestock, agriculture, and trade with Kerung in Tibet. Wheat, maize, potato, soybean, and millet are their staple food. Partly protected as Langtang National Park, visit to the area gives Himalayan nature experience and an insight into the lifestyle and culture of the Tamangs who are predominant inhabitants of the region.
- District Area: 1544 sq km
- Highest Peak: Langtang Lirung, 7245m
- Population: 44731 (in 2001)
- Ethnic groups: 64% Tamang (both Tamang and Tibetan speaking). Others include Brahmin, Gurung, Sherpa and Newars
- Literacy: only 34% (female-24.5%; male-42.5%)
- Weather: warm temperature climate up to 2000m; higher valleys north and northeast of Syabrubesi are in the rain shadow and comparatively dry. 2-3000m – cool temperature climate. Above 3000m – alpine humid climate; temperatures fall to sub-zero in winter months.
- Economic occupations: 83% Agriculture Less than 5% in service sector
- Access: By bus from KTM to Dhunche (8 hours) or Syabrubesi (9.5 hrs). Jeeps can also be hired for the journey.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu, hotel installation (free in the evening).
Day 2: Sightseeing in Kathmandu, visit swyambhunath, Buddhanath.
Day 3: Katmandu - Dunce - Syabru, Drive Kathmandu- Rasuwa via Trishuli, Nuwakot. (7hrs/ Overnight lodge).
Day 4: Syabru - Goljung – Gatlang- Drive Syabru - Goljung - Gatlang. Experience the Tamang culture. See scenery from viewpoint. Village walk. See cultural show at Goljung or Gatlang (5hrs/ overnight at community lodge).
Day 5: Gatlang – Tatopani- Trekking from Gatlang - Tatopani. Possibility to take hot bath at natural hot spring, sightseeing of Langtang range, Ganesh Himal on the way. Experience of the Tamang culture (6hrs/ overnight at lodge).
Day 6: Tatopani - Nagthali – Thuman- Trekking from Tatopani - Nagthali via Brindang. Animals like monkeys and deer can be seen on the way. Panoramic view can be seen over Langtang Mountain on the way. (5hrs/ overnight home stay).
Day 7: Thuman - Timure - Rasuwagadhi – Timure- Trekking from Thuman to Timure and visit nearby historical Rasuwagadhi. Observe Tibeto-Burman Tamang culture on the two villages on the way (5hrs/ overnight lodge).
Day 8: Timure – Briddim- Trekking from Timure - Briddim. Observe village life of Briddim. Watch cultural program shown by community members. Experience of home-stay and Tamang culture (5hrs/ overnight home stay).
Day 9: Briddhim – Syabrubesi- Trekking from Briddim - Syabrubesi via Wangel. (4hrs/ overnight lodge).
Day 10: Syabrubesi - Dhunche – Kathmandu (7 hrs/ overnight hotel).
Day 11: Sightseeing in Kathmandu .
Day 12: Departure.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- 4 nights Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- All surface transfer by private vehicle
- National Park entry permit
- Trekking permit (TIMS)
- Accommodation in lodges during the trek
- Three meal a day, during trekking (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- A guide and required number of porter(s)
- Insurance and security for local staff.
- Monument enter fee in Kathmandu
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Personal expenses
- Essential equipment
- All alcoholic drinks
- Emergency evacuation by Helicopter
- Alternative transportation in case of heavy rain, landslide, strike, road blockade etc.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Nov 2008
The owner of the M18918 has an extensive knowledge in the field of Adventure travel throughout Nepal Tibet and Bhutan, Bijay, a native-born Gorkhan have been a travel consultant, mountain and trekking guide in Nepal for many years. Since 1995 Bijay has been leading many groups and provided as well as has shown his...