History Tour of Uzbekistan, To the Heart of Tamerlane`s Empireoffered by supplier M18949 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 8 - 12 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 25 people
Specialty Categories: Archeology/History
Season: April - October
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 622 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 2026 US Dollar (USD)
There are many secrets and legends left unrevealed by history and they are telling about Tamerlane’s powerful empire, which once occupied the territory from Armenia in the west to India in the east, from the Caucasus and the Aral Sea in the north to the Persian Gulf in the south. Moreover, his name is associated with the golden age of Samarkand - the city chosen by Tamerlane as the capital of his vast empire! Its azure domes and ancient walls still attract travelers from all over the world!
Our company invites you to make a journey across the lands, which were once an adornment of the famous and powerful country created by the great commander! Majestic Samarkand and divine Bukhara, ancient Khiva and hospitable Tashkent - these fine pearls of Uzbekistan will tell you numerous stories about the wonderful and mysterious empire, towards the heart of which you are making your way! Welcome!
Day 1. Arrival in Tashkent
Meeting at Tashkent airport. Transfer to hotel and check-in. After breakfast start of the guided sightseeing tour around Tashkent. Visit the following sites: Khast-Imam Square, Barak-Khan Madrasah, Kafal-al-Shashi Mausoleum, Kukeldash Madrasah; after lunch: Independence Square, Amir Timur Square, Minor Mosque. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 2. Tashkent - Urgench - Khiva
Breakfast in hotel. Transfer to the airport and further flight to Urgench. Transfer to Khiva on arrival (40 min drive). Guided sightseeing tour around Khiva (inside Ichan-Kala ‘inner city’ historic old city): Pakhlavan Mahmoud Complex, Kunya-Ark Fortress, Kalta Minor Minaret, Islam Khoja Minaret and Madrasah, Tash Khauli-Khan Palace, Juma Mosque, Muhammad Amin-Khan Minaret and Madrasah, Avesta Museum. Overnight rest in hotel.
Day 3. Khiva - Bukhara
Breakfast in hotel. Transfer across the Kyzyl-Kum Desert and along the Amudarya River to Bukhara. Lunch en route. Arrival in Bukhara. Leisure time. Souvenir shops / workshops. Overnight rest in hotel.
Day 4. Bukhara
Breakfast in hotel. Guided sightseeing tour around Bukhara: Ismail Samani Mausoleum, Chashma Ayub Mausoleum, Bolo Khauz Mosque, Ark Citadel, Po-i-Kalyan Complex (Kalyan Minaret and others), Ulugbek Madrasah; after lunch: Lyab-i Hauz Architectural Ensemble, Kukeldash Madrasah, Nadir Divan-Begi Madrasah, domed shopping arcade. Overnight rest in hotel.
Day 5. Bukhara - Shakhrisabz - Samarkand
Breakfast in hotel. Transfer to Samarkand through Shakhrisabz, birthplace of Tamerlane. Guided sightseeing tour around Shakhrisabz: Ak Saray Palace, Dorus Saodat Complex, Dorut Tillavat Madrasah, Kok Gumbaz Mosque. Arrival in Samarkand. Overnight rest in hotel.
Day 6. Samarkand
Breakfast in hotel. Guided sightseeing tour around Samarkand: Registan Square (Ulugbek Madrasah, Sher-Dor Madrasah, Tilla-Qori Madrasah), Gur-e Amir Mausoleum (Tamerlane’s sepulcher); after lunch: Bibi-Khanym Mosque, Shah-i-Zinda Necropolis, Ulugbek Observatory. Overnight rest in hotel.
Day 7. Samarkand - Tashkent
Breakfast in hotel. Continuation of the guided sightseeing tour around Samarkand: St. Daniel Mausoleum, Afrosiab museum and settlement, Silk paper workshop. Transfer to the railway station in the afternoon. Further transfer to Tashkent by train. Transfer to the hotel on arrival. Overnight in Tashkent.
Day 8. Tashkent
Breakfast in hotel. Transfer to airport. Departure from Uzbekistan.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Cost of the tour under accommodation at the hotels 2-3*:
Group of 1 pax - 1516 USD/per person
Group of 2 pax - 912 USD/per person
Group of 4 pax - 730 USD/per person
Group of 6 pax - 696 USD/per person
Group of 8 pax - 632 USD/per person
Group of 10 pax - 707 USD/per person
Group of 12 pax - 622 USD/per person
Supplement for single accommodation is 120 USD/per person
- Accommodation at the hotel on twin/double sharing basis with breakfasts; early check-in on arrival is included into the package;
- Sightseeing tour in each city according to the tour program;
- Services of English-speaking local guides in cities in Uzbekistan (guide services are not included on transfers “airport-Tashkent-airport”) - separate guide will be provided in each city (days 1,2,4,5,6,7);
- Transportation services for the whole tour - provision of comfortable air-conditioned vehicles is guaranteed;
- Flight ticket of “Tashkent-Urgench” destination (economy class);
- Train tickets for high speed train Afrosiab of “Samarkand-Tashkent” (economy class);
- A bottle of mineral water on each day of the tour;
- International flights;
- Medical insurance;
- Photo and video shooting charges at museums and monuments;
- Uzbekistan visa invitation and visa fee (if necessary).
- Uzbekistan visa invitation - 45 USD/per person (if necessary);
- Supplement for services of escort English-speaking guide in Uzbekistan (accompaniment by one guide from the first till the last day in Uzbekistan) - 395 USD/per group;
- Entrance fees to the monuments and museums, listed in the program above - 70 USD/per person (can be pain on the spot);
* Meals on half board basis (7 dinners) - 85 USD/per person/for the whole tour;
* Meals on full board basis (7 dinners and 7 lunches) - 155 USD/per person/for the whole tour.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Dec 2008
“M18949” is a group of Asian travel agencies, central offices of which are located in Tashkent (Uzbekistan), Osh (Kyrgyzstan) and Moscow (Russia); there are also representative offices in each republic of Central Asia. “M18949” has a long-term experience of successful work in the sphere of arranging of Asia...